Michael Fremer's record cleaning process....

Many years ago (say 15??) Michael Fremer recommend his way of cleaning vinyl records. It was a process that started with the VPI cleaner and solutions and finishing with some dry pads (don’t remember the name) and another run on the VPI (I think). Does anyone remember the process??
P.S. I checked his site and don't see it there?

Thanks!!!

RWD (Rick)
rwd
Slaw - yes, you really made a difference. Have you thought about making a difference in some other forum?
MF, I'll own up. The only thing I said about you was that you have done a great job marketing yourself. I see nothing negative or wrong with that as folks need to make a living and do what they love to do. My comments come from many in the industry whom I'm close with and who know you well. Again, not a slam at all and I fully stand by it. I'm glad that you wrote that what you post is your opinion. Folks fail to understand that at times and take whatever they read for fact. Personally, I've read most of your stuff and have since you started. I was getting TAS and Stereohile since they started. I loved learning about components I had never heard of and then finding them. I just got back into vinyl after my ex dropped off a few boxes of my lost records and I went with a Basis TT and Benz cart with a Rhea phono stage. Overtime I put an album on, I'm blown away by how relaxed I become. It's fun sharing with the kids and wife too. I'm glad that you have the audience you do and have been able to parlay your love into a business. Again, nothing wrong with that and if you don't market yourself, you'll never be successful. If I upset you with that statement, I'm sorry, as that wasn't my objective, nor was it my point if you reread what I said.
So Grooves, you are the Michael Fremer who I referenced in my opening post. I am happy I found you. Now, Whart wrote that you did not write the article about that cleaning process I was referring to. If so, can you send me that process? If not, is the process listed on your web-site similar? I don't recall. All I remember is that it did use a cleaning machine (I have the VPI 16(?)) and it did use orbitrac pads. Thanks for your hopeful response.

RWD (Rick)
Regarding the sound of Revolver: In 1970 I started buying British pressings of Groups/Bands from over there, including of course the Beatles (I got the stereo versions though, not mono). I immediately disliked the sound of Revolver, especially in comparison to my then and still favorite album of theirs, Rubber Soul. Everything sounded different, and for the worse. Ringo's drums for the first time sounded crappy---and they did for the rest of their recrdings IMO, and everything was a little glassy. Later in the decade I read that Rubber Soul was the last album recorded via tubes, that Abbey Road had gone solid state by the time the Revolver sessions commenced. I haven't researched that claim, but I wonder if that's why.
Michael

On the KL Audio / Audio Desk - I apologize if that came off as stating you
were bought off by advertising, not my intention. I merely noted that your
site advertizes the AudioDesk ultrsonic machine

Here is your statement on the KL Audio

When I emptied the KLAUDiO’s tank, the pulverized dirt particles removed
from the records were in suspension, which means each record cleaned
after the first few will inevitably be “cleaned” with dirty water. I can imagine
a scenario where the pulverized dirt particles in suspension are within
cavitated bubbles hurled at great force against the vinyl. No doubt that can
happen in the Audio Desk too if you don’t change the water frequently
enough, yet the sonic results with both machines were consistently superior
to vacuum cleaning and often times miraculous as chronically noisy records
were rendered quiet.

The "residue" is soluable - not a hard substance

I don't recall that same cautionary comment being applied in the initial
Audio Desk review

sorry if this came off overtly critical on my end

Thank you for all that you do for keeping the analog flame alive