Skeletal vs Plinth style turntables

I am pondering a new plinth design and am considering the virtues of making a skeletal or closed plinth design. The motor unit is direct drive. I know that as a direct drive it inherently has very low vibration as opposed to an idler deck (please do not outcry Garrard and Lenco onwners coz I have one of those too) but simple facts are facts belt drive motors spin at 250rpm, Lencos around 1500 rpm, DD 33 or 45 rpm. That being the case that must surely be a factor in this issue. What are your thoughts. BTW I like closed designs as they prevent the gathering of dust.
parrotbee
Post removed 
Viridian
Given that any structure has a resonant signature, the question then becomes not, "which is the most dead" but "at what frequencies are the resonances in the structure and what is the amplitude, magnatude, and Q of those resonances?"

+1 Excellent Viridian

One example of this.

"Granito is a material composed by little pieces of marble of very different origin agglomerated inside a mold with cement. Machined and polished. The resonance of the plinth with its suspension is about 5Hz and it is well absorbed by the air cavities"

Mr. J.C. Verdier (R.I.P) in describing the Verdier Vintage La Platine Granito.

Along with La Vintage Platine, I also "still" own two full plinth TT's, My 100 lb Jean Nantais Lenco, and an SP10MKII that can actually be put in one of two configurations. 1) A Full Plinth - 70 lb Multi 6 Layer Birch/ One layer MDF or 2) a Rigid (in your words ParrotBee) Skeletal Plinth.(both plinths which are DIY sourced and put together). The SP10mkII is sort of a pet project going way back now. fwiw I prefer it in its Rigid Skeletal Plinth form. It is more neutral sounding.
A further point following Viridian and Ct. When I first became interested in DD tables Corian was often mentioned as a recommended plinth material. But then I read more than one negative comment on that. Further reading disclosed that Corian includes some amount of aluminum flake in its composition. Apparently that varies among samples and that quantity can have a sonic impact. Bottom line, simply choosing Corian may not allow prediction for how it will sound.

Unfortunately it seems to me the best answer is to follow Ct's path and experiment with alternatives.
I know this may seem pedantic, but is there a special glue when gluing together layers - in other words - what glue do the likes of Kronos and Clearaudio use when sandwiching aluminium and panzerholz
Made a table a few years back from Cocobolo laminated with Aluminum, glued the 5 layers (3 cocobolo 2 aluminum) together with a 2 component Epoxy glue, still hold up very nicely. The aluminum layers were "timesaved" which is the typical graining you see on for an example your typical Face Plate.
System 3 Epoxy

Good Listening

Peter