Anyone into cassettes?

I recently picked up a Nakamichi BX300 for a couple of bills on Ebay and after replacing the idler tire and the two belts, this baby sounds better that any cassette deck I've owned previsouly, and I have been playing pre-recorded tapes for the past week in analog heaven. Finally a deck that sounds amazing on Dolby B with commercial tapes.

I also won a Dragon for a good price on auction and will send this out for restoration as needed.

Anyone else into cassettes as an alternative form of analog heaven? Some of those mid to late 80s recordings really have wonderful punch and extension.
stevecham
I still am into cassettes and agree, i wasn't expecting much, but have been blown away with the sonic qualities on many tapes.

i find many decks at Flea markets for $10-$20

I have a BX300 as well as a BX-100, I paid $10 for each.

I tend to look for and find the TOTL models from the late 70s or 80s, i.e. , the Akai 3 head decks with glass heads.

i also look and find sealed CrO2 tapes and if I am lucky Metal tapes. It has been a fun searching for and enjoying the old tapes/
I have a BX300 I bought in 1985. I don't have a need for it other than a handful of old tapes, but it's such a nice machine I hate to let it go. I should pull it out of storage and record some cds just to remember the sound.
Wow, another BX-300 owner and enthusiast. I found this deck here on Audiogon last year and still can't believe how great it sounds.