Rega TT-PSU drops right channel

Hi everyone. Recently my RP6 starting dropping the right channel as soon as the needle hit the record. My routine is (with the TT-PSU powered off):

- place the record on the platter after a nitty gritty clean
- power up the TT-PSU while giving the platter a nudge
- clean record with anti-static carbon brush
- needle drop

First I thought a tonearm wire was loose on the cartridge or something along that line. But, if I switch the TT-PSU to 45 and then back to 33 my right channel works just fine. I know Regas ground to the right channel. Could something be wrong with the cable between the TT-PSU and the table? TT-PSU malfunctioning (I think it is still under warranty).

Thoughts / recommendations? TIA
sbrownnw
Scott...IMHO it's not the power supply. The motor/power supply is in no way electronically connected to the tonearm.

If you are switching the PSU from 33 to 45 and back again with the record playing, it is probably the little extra vibration and/or the increase/decrease in speed that accompanies this switch that is acting upon the cantilever/tonearm and bringing the right channel back.

Really the only way to troubleshoot this is to maybe take your table to a dealer and swap out the table/psu one at a time to see what the deal is.

I personally think it has to be either the cartridge or tonearm wiring that is a fault.
I did unconnect and reconnect the cartridge clips. When the right channel is out I do get a 60hz hum in the same channel.
@Sbrownnw - Thanks for the link, that is very interesting. I don't mean to deviate from the subject but can you provide your take on the Groovetracer RP6 subplatter? What changed and do you feel it was a worthwhile investment?
I can reproduce this scenario with the needle not on the record by:

- play record at 33, right channel is out
- lift tonearm
- switch TTPSU to 45, then to 33
- tonearm / needle down, both channels work great

The groovetracer ref subplatter is how the table should have come. Mine spins freer / longer than the factory RP8 subplatter.