Is Coincident Statement Phono pre-amp an overkill

Is it an overkill for my Clearaudio Concept TT and Concept MM cartridge.

I am a new to Analog but clearly its going to be my #1 source of listening pleasure I know already.

Should I start the safe route of picking up an EAR 834P and then going up the chain.

What are your views on this phono stage in general is it worth the money, I have a chance to get one at 25% off retail, which for this phono as I understand never happens, have not seen this phono in Audiogon ever in the last 6 months of looking everyday.
essrand
Hi Essrand,
Congratulations on acquiring the Coincident preamp. Your were given a
variety of heart felt opinions on this thread from well meaning people. My
gut feeling was this is the right decision ( I would have just skipped the EAR

and gone straight to the Coincident Phono stage), short and long term for
you. I believe that you
can't go wrong with owning pure top tier components. They become the
long lasting foundation that you can build your system around over time
and not have to look back. True quality endures and in reality saves you
money by avoiding the frequent and dreaded "upgrade merry go
round". You own a premium product that you may likely never
outgrow ( unless the curiosity bug to try something different strikes). Now
you can steadily build your record collection and know that you have
wonderful components to enjoy them with. Good job!
Charles,
Ummm... I think you did the right thing, but let's wait until you actually hear what the unit actually sounds like as a phono stage, before we go all orgasmic. If you are listening to the "linestage", isn't that only essentially a passive volume control? (I can't remember for sure, but I think there is no active linestage built in; it just acts as an attenuator.)
Essrand,
I assumed you listened initially to your phono section prior to your post.
Hi Lewm,

Actually the line stage on Coincident Phono is better than direct CD player connection to the Coincident power amp (which has its own volume control).
The bass and "weight" of the music came back and "deflation" caused by lack of pre-amp has vanished.

Burn-in will take some time. Then I will know if I can live without an active line-stage (fingers crossed).

The line-stage in the phono does not have any gain however its not passive.

Am trying to figure out a MC Cartridge for Clearaudio Concept, which is proving to be a challenge (i do not want to get the clearaudio mc cart).