VPI Platter Spinning SLOWLY

I've tried two different lubricants (Super Lube and Shimano Dura Ace Grease) for my VPI Classic 2 platter and it still does not spin properly. I removed and re-applied grease and it spins fine for about 5 minutes, then it slows down immensely. If I remove/re-install the platter, it spins smoothly again but only for a short period of time. Anyone experience this before and know a fix? Thanks
jyoungpark
I removed all the grease from all the components, including the platter, using a combination of alcohol wipes and isopropyl alcohol. Applied a small dab only to the bearing, and re-installed the platter. Once it set, I think it was harder to turn than before.

Would VPI be open to me bringing the TT to their shop in NJ to take a look? I'm in NYC so it's doable. I contacted them this morning around 9AM and still no response.
Does your motor work with no load on it? Does the platter spin with the belt on, with no belt, etc? Trying to isolate a frozen motor as the problem. I am sure you could get someone at VPI to look at it.
Just call VPI (check their website for their phone number), ask for Mat (good guy). Ask him if it's OK to bring it in and if so, when.
Regarding the difference between the Classic platter and the Super platter.... The Classic is much more open, extended, and faster. The Super platter may have perceived better bass, but only because all the other stuff is recessed and kind of turgid in comparison. Personally, I would not go back to the Super platter.