VPI JMW Jig Question

The JMW jig I got with my Classic arm has an adjustable length. How do I know if my jig is set to the proper length? You would think that VPI would make a scale on the jig for their various 10 to 10 1/2 inch arms.
testpilot
VPI has kinda muddied the water with their Classic arms iterations. There are now 3 versions of the Classic tonearm. Based on what I can tell, the Classic 1 tonearm is the arm that comes with the Classic 1 table (duh). It does not have the VTA adjustable tower. The Classic 2 & Classic 3 arms appear to be identical to the older JMW-10.5i tonearm except the Classic 2 arm had standard wiring while the Classic 3 arm has Nordost Valhalla wiring.

I've read multiple spindle to pivot distances for VPI's different 10.5" arms (254, 258, 259, and now 262mm). I measured my JMW-10.5i on my Aries 3 and it was 256mm. We'll see how close I was because that's what Yip suggested it would be and that's what my measurements confirmed. Hope I got it right because my Mint LP just shipped.
I measured my Classic 3 with Classic 33 arm when I ordered my MINTLP. it came out to 258mm, effective length adopted is 273mm. If you measure yours ensure you measure it from the center of the spindle and ensure the ruler is level, otherwise the length will increase by 0.2mm because of the height difference between the spindle and pivot. There are a number of different answers out there if you do a search. Best way is to measure yours.