Mc cartridge and phono amp

Hey all, i'm new here and i want to replace my cartridge (440mla) to mc cart for 1000$ (and below) and phono amp thet can hold it very well.
My turntable is RPM 5.1 and i'm whant it for rock music like pink floyd, zeppelin, hendrix...

(sorry about my english)
adifigen
Stevecham - See the specs from the Stereoplile review below

Description: Overall voltage gain: 44dB or 64dB, depending on internal setting.
Dover's advice is good. Check out the thread on MM vs MC carts. Although another option would be one of the reported high value MCs like the Denon 103R which can be modified/upgraded later. Disclaimer- Never heard the Denon, but back in the day that I listened to lots of rock, I was very happy w the Signet TK 5/7 carts which I see from time to time on this board.
OK, from experience here's what you might want to consider for a $1000 budget. I have auditioned at home or owned these carts and phono pres that I think will work with you RPM 5.1.

Carts:
Grado Platinum Statement $350: MM, actually moving iron, I had one for several years and this was my first high end cart, great tracker.
Sumiko Blue Point No 2 $399: MC but a great tracker and one of the best for entry into MC and this would work well with your Project table.

Phono Stages:
Musical Fidelity V-LPS MKII $189 for either MM/MI or MC. I demoed one of these not too long ago and it was sweet and balanced, a great bargain.
Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Preamp $229 for either MM or MC. Great budget pre amp.

The above combos for well under $1000 new and will match the performance of your table and arm.
Only now i see my huge mistake !

I meant:

1000 $ +/- = MC/MM

1000 $ +/- = phono stage

600$ +/- = cleaning machine

I hope now it's all clear :)
So far with my experience....

Phono stage: Used Herron Audio VTPH-1mc (if you can find one)
Cart: AT OC9/II
Cleaning machine: HW-16.5

Total should come in on budget.