Mc cartridge and phono amp

Hey all, i'm new here and i want to replace my cartridge (440mla) to mc cart for 1000$ (and below) and phono amp thet can hold it very well.
My turntable is RPM 5.1 and i'm whant it for rock music like pink floyd, zeppelin, hendrix...

(sorry about my english)
adifigen
40 dB of gain is simply not enough for a low output MC; you need at least 56 dB for a 0.5 mV cart. Can you not increase the gain on this, especially at this price point I don't see how you can be competitive, no matter how good it sounds. I was taking a good look at this phono pre and then the gain was a "show stopper" for me.
Personally I dont think your turntable is up to a good MC, you would be better to put all the money into a good phono stage that will last several upgrades, and do the TT later. If you must upgrade your cartridge I think you would be better off with a high quality MM until you upgrade the TT/Arm.
Stevecham - See the specs from the Stereoplile review below

Description: Overall voltage gain: 44dB or 64dB, depending on internal setting.
Dover's advice is good. Check out the thread on MM vs MC carts. Although another option would be one of the reported high value MCs like the Denon 103R which can be modified/upgraded later. Disclaimer- Never heard the Denon, but back in the day that I listened to lots of rock, I was very happy w the Signet TK 5/7 carts which I see from time to time on this board.