Skala or Kleos?

I have a Lyra Skala that I have enjoyed immensely. But I believe the stylus is at least, somewhat worn. I probably have about 1000 hrs. on it. I am wondering if I should trade it in for a new Skala, or get the less expensive Kleos. Anyone heard both?
dbarger
Well you have a great analog front end. I think you have time left on your Skala unless you play a lot of real dirty records or a accident happened somewhere...are you just looking for something newer or does something seem wrong on stylus?

I did send my skala in for check up, they cleaned it and adjust the suspension (I think). Anyway i swear it sounded better when I got it back...
Actually, nothing wrong with the sound at all. It sounds great! I did look at the stylus with a microscope and it seems fine. I guess I am just being paranoid...
Regarding stylus life, my last three preamps all had hour meters on them which has helped me estimate the hours of use. I estimate only about 25% of my listening is to vinyl now. I do a lot of streaming, and use a music server. Sure, records are better, no question, but I do enjoy the deep music libraries of Mog, Pandora, and Rhapsody.
I estimate only about 25% of my listening is to vinyl now. I do a lot of streaming, and use a music server....

Sounds like God is telling you to upgrade your Phonostage ...
I just did. I had a Nighthawk previously for a year or so, and a Vendetta for many years before that. Time marches on! The Jasmine is really very nice.
I can't offer an opinion in response to your question, but I have been using a Delos for about 5 months now and can't say enough about how good its sounds. Since you have a nicer cartridge than mine, and also a Lyra, I will ask if you use their SPT liquid on it regularly?
I was very skeptical about this tiny bottle of liquid that costs $40, until recently when I had some extra coin in my pocket and wanted to try it.
I can honestly say that the improvement in sound when applying it to the stylus is not small. One thing I had become keenly aware of since buying the Delos is how much surface noise it picks up in comparison to my previous Van den hul cartridge. But when I apply the SPT to it the surface noise is greatly reduced. I also notice an increase in detail and overall "buttery" musical sound. This is not why I bought it though. The real reason was because I was worried about my stylus wearing out (I have 200-300 hours on it by now). The claim from Lyra is that applying this liquid before playing a record extends the life of the stylus. Based on the reduced surface noise I can believe this claim is true. It seems to serve as a lubricant to the stylus to reduce the friction.
I really love my Lyra Delos cartridge. I sometimes think about moving further up their line but for now I am so satisfied with what I have that I just want to make sure it keeps sounding as great as it does.