Skala or Kleos?

I have a Lyra Skala that I have enjoyed immensely. But I believe the stylus is at least, somewhat worn. I probably have about 1000 hrs. on it. I am wondering if I should trade it in for a new Skala, or get the less expensive Kleos. Anyone heard both?
dbarger
I have heard both at my dealers on two different tables and systems. I feel that they both have their own signature sound. I do own a Kleos and am very pleased. I thought about the Skala at the time as it would have only been 400.00 more. I chose the Kleos based upon it's new design factors and honestly the 400.00. I think you would be pleased with either. Since you have owned the Skala you may surprised with the different sound qualities that the Kleos brings to the table(no pun intended). I do beleive that the Kleos claim to a quieter surface noise is accurate. In addition, I have been extremely surprised at the bass response that I never had realized existed in those simple little grooves. I think the new suspension design of the Kleos/Delos generation of cartridge have brought Lyra performance to a new level. I would suspect that the Skala/Titan replacements will employ this same evolution in design technologies whenever Lyra replaces them. Jonathan Carr is active on this forum and maybe he will comment on the design differences and futures.
Hi, I've had 2 skala's (1 had a oops) and a helicon and Lydian beta. All are great and have their virtues...

Out of curiosity what table, arm and phono stage? The Skala seems to have a touch more warmth/dynamics...jcarr called it a bit more "fun" in a post somewhere...

Kind of where I am going if you seek a touch more warmth the Skala maybe the ticket...lower noise floor and more accuracy then I suspect the Kleos.

You likely can't go wrong here. However, I doubt that at a 1000 hours you have wear issues...

Good Luck !
At 1000 hours you still have plenty of life left. The lyra stylus will last around 2000 - 2500 hours without any problems.

Cheers
It is a Well Tempered Amadeus, Jasmine phono stage, and Bob's Devices Cinemag 3440 AH (Blue).