Which Mono Cartridge at around $1,300.00?

I'm in the process of upgrading my well cared for Thorens TD145. I started by soldering in WireWorld phono cable along with getting a basic tune up. I want to replace my Grado ME+ mono cartridge with a substantially better mono cartridge. Currently, the tone arm is stock. My records are classical (orchestral, chamber, vocal, etc...) dating from the 1940's and 1950's so I've been cogitating on the Ortofon SPU Mono GM MKII or a low output Grado (i.e. the sonata reference 1). My phono stage is the ASR Mini Basis Exclusive. All or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
goofyfoot
Some time ago I owned a Lyra Dorian mono and was really impressed from its Performance. A very good sounding Design for its Pricing. Later I got a Lyra Helikon mono which is a very good performing cartridge, too. Both are discontinued but sometimes they are offered here 2. Hand.
Both carts have no hum (others do), very silent in the grooves, have a good high frequent area and can be serviced from Lyra when something has to be done.
Based on their 2-coil Design they are a bit lower in output than their Stereo 'Brothers' but their sound is full, lively and both can show you the magic in mono records. Most mono carts are 'shortened' Stereo Carts (double output) but until today I didn't hear one of those which made me curious.
I've seen some of the Lyra mono cartridges selling for retail and although obviously considered a gold standard, they seemed far out of my price range. Just recently, I've noticed there being a $1,600.00 plus price tag on the Dorion cartridge and I'm having some trouble locating a price and vendor for the Helikon. Another alternative might be to purchase a Grado Statement Sonata for $565.00 and then start saving for the the better Lyra, thus selling the Grado after acquiring the Lyra. My personal view is that cartridge prices are inflated and that there is little in the way of discounts regardless of the maker or the model.
I've been very happy with the Miyajima Premium BE but don't have much other experience with other dedicated mono cartridges to offer comparison.

I'm very interested in others experiences.