Has anybody tried the Reed 3P?

I own the Reed 2A and have the 'Magnetic Reed' on lone which I can buy. But I am also curious about the 3P as a possible next one.

Regards,
128x128nandric
Nandric, I was not aware that the headshells were interchangeable. From looking at my 3Q there are two screws to undo the headshell. One that adjusts the azimuth and one that attaches the pivot point. I would think that the screw that goes through the pivot point would be critical. I have not removed the headshell before but if its not installed with the right tork then I'm guessing the sound may be affected. Does Vidmantas specify a tork setting for this screw?

Azimuth adjustment at the headshell is nice but I'm personally more concerned with overall sound quality than the method of azimuth adjustment. If the 3P sounds better then thats what counts to me.

Sean
Dear Sean, I was also to slow to to see the 'light'.
But you need to unscrew just one screw to exchange the cart
holder. The Allen keys are everywhere obtainable. The azimuth part is a separate option and has no connection with 'cart holder' exchange. You may but do not need to use (or order) the azimuth part. The long screw which keep the cart-holder connected to the armwand needs a very small Allen key. I own many of those because I am a tonearms addict.

Regards,
Hi nandric, it is sincere. If u can adjust at the headshell, that seems best. And fine tuning by ear can never hurt....
Dear Jfrech, For my other tonearms ( the Triplanar and the
Reed 2A are 'fastened' to my Kuzma S.R) I always buy headshells with azimuth adjustment. One never knows in advance how the stylus of some cart is glued or fastened to the cantilever. The cantilevers are also not always as
they should be. So the azimuth provision is a kind of precaution in my opinion.

Regards,
Vidmantas informed me that my 'reading' of his azimuth construction is correct. His intention was to make 'fine tuning' by ear possible for all parameters. However by
looking at the pictures of the 3P I discovered that not all headshells are 'equal'. Only the 'cart holders' which are fastened to the armwand by the (long) screw are exchangible. Because the azimuth provision on the headshell is optional there are also 3P's with 'one piece' headshell (the other is 'composed' from 3 parts). One should pay attention to this fact when ordering and mention if he wants exchangible kind.

Regards,