Tracking force and Unipivot tonearms

I have a Benz Glider and the "recommended" tracking force is 1.8 to 2.2 grams. I am tracking at about 2.4 or 2.5 just to keep it in the grooves during hot peaks on some records. A audiophile friend told me it is not uncommon especially with unipivots to set tracking force at 10 percent or higher than the recommended tracking force. The cart sounds much more full, less sibilant and a more solid sound at the sacrifice of a less air at this heavier tracking force.

Has anyone else found it absolutely necessary to set tracking forces much higher than the recommended force? My friend said it will not damage the cartridge or records at 2.4 or 2.5 grams. He said I should not get hung up on recommended tracking force as all tonearms are different and that it is just the "recommneded" tracking force
tzh21y
>>If you know how to set up the VPI, it is a top level arm<<

Top level?

I don't think so.

Actually, having compared a number of them to other "top level" arms side by side, I know so.
Great news TZ, but honestly, for tracking ability and lack of inner groove "thinning" I prefer an old '80's Technics S arm and AT 130e to the VPI 9" w/Dyna cart, even the XX2. No, not as dynamic, not the same ultra-"black" backgrounds but otherwise, insultingly adequate.
>>If you know how to set up the VPI, it is a top level arm<<

Top level?

I don't think so.

Actually, having compared a number of them to other "top level" arms side by side, I know so.

Well, I think, we should be honest to ourselves. We all know, that everything out there is outstanding. There is no exception. We should be happy that we can afford it. And Fun counts. It is no secret among Audiophiles, when Son of God will return and he will listen to a modern Stereo System it will be LP12, Raven, Koetsu, Denon 103, of course with natural wood Tonearms for 12k or similar.
When an experienced Dealer like Audiofeil trys to snip and writes "ahem, there is maybe a difference..." we should be thankful to find an exception is this Hardware jungle. Yeah, I know, Life is good and can't be better. But, maybe a bit different... :-)