Timeline Calculator

I just made a calculator in Excel for the Sutherland Timeline. You enter the distance to the wall and the laser deviation per revolution and it gives you the circumference of the virtual circle that the laser travels, the speed error of your platter in percent, the RPM your platter is off by, and the actual RPM of your platter. It can also tell you how many Hz a given frequency is off by.

Let me know if you would like to try it out!
ketchup
Frank_sm,

I am using the PlatterSpeed iPhone app in conjunction with the Analogue Productions test LP. It works great. I have a Rega P25 which is notoriously fast as are most Rega turntables. As I try different tweaks, I can quickly measure whether it makes the speed more accurate.
I'm using PlatterSpeed to get my Solid9 in order as it was running fast. Considering getting a Sutherland but not cheap. I have the Feickert 7" and Platterspeed shows quite a sway back and forth while running the 3150hz tone; as opposed to midly moving like the demo shows. I would love to try the Excel calcualtor if I pickup a Timeline.

tonight I will try the tone on the UTR, have to find it in the stacks.