The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I've heard many many speakers over the years. I cant say any which one was my favorite. Because I like many different speakers for different kinds of music and its a very personal preference just to pick one. :-)
TAD Reference with all TAD electronics. If anyone feels "neutral is boring", he should check out this combo. It is the best illustration of how neutrality in true sense is actually the most believable presentation of the source.
I've heard the TAD combo and though I thought the combo was very good they were a little on the boring side with less than exciting bass-slam, imaging was very good as was the tone but not a thrilling ride by any means.

Q
I have heard the all TAD system at Pioneer Plaza in Japan, at their TAD showroom. Was shown around by one of their senior execs who happened to be there...a true gentleman. I was very very impressed...on Glenn Gould, I appreciated the clarity of the fingerwork by Glenn Gould...but found the tonal weight of the piano keyboard particularly in the middle a bit hard/light. Simply my opinion...and who knows...maybe it was recorded that way. But I have heard this recording for years and years and on multiple systems. And with the ones I preferred, the tonal balance and weight of the keyboard sounds much more like when I used to study piano. Nevertheless, I fully appreciate the appeal...and think it might be that the whole system could be setup more to my personal taste with a few different components rather than a necessarily deficient design or system. I don't think it would take much. in the end, I admit it did not compel me to investigate further. YMMV.
The more I start listening to higher end systems again, I find that it's most important to listen to any speaker in a true system that is put together for that particular speaker. I've heard some great ones sound poorly and visa versa.