Sophia Electric tube quality

I wonder if others have experienced poor quality with the Royal Princess 300b tubes. Purchased a new pair and one shorted out in a couple of months in their amp. Sophia replaced it and the new pair were extremely microphonic -- rang like bells when tapped with just my thumbnail. Sophia's response to my complaint was, "Stop tapping the tubes.
wfowenmd
I don't know that tapping on tubes will reveal any manufacturing flaw. I have two pairs of Sophia RP's bought here as a slightly used quad set. I use only one pair at a time. I've had them going strong for eight months with many hours and no problem. Mine are used in Wavelength Cardinal Signature XS monos.
I estimate something like a thousand hours on mine, and they've performed flawlessly. They are about 5 years old.

I should just add that as good as their tubes are their amplifiers are as good or better...They make a sweet little pair of 300B mono blocks that I used to drive a pair of Tannoy Kensington SE's to rock and roll volume in a large room with 10 foot ceilings. Not shy little flee powered.
Tapping your thumbnail? Why don't you tap your cartridge or lick a hot tube?
Play the amp normally and see if it echoes or picks up too much noise.