Rockport Sirius III & Micro Seiki 8000 comparison

Arrival of 4 Ears from Germany for Shootout in my Home. Rockport Sirius III Direct Drive Turntable with Linear Arm / Micro Seki 8000 in a unique version with an additional RX 3000 as an interia unit.
Some mods have to be done first, but the System is getting the right temperature......

checking Plate Current...

Rockport Sirius III turntable

with a Lyra

Olympos SL cartridge
connected to a modified Lamm LP2 with a special custom made SUT for it
and the Front End...

Lamm LL1 Preamp

Lamm ML3 Amps

.... now back to work ... more coming
Ag insider logo xs@2xunoear
Kostas_1,

I think this thread explains some changes in a system, which is, if you are enjoying this forum, the most important contribution of the platform - also in comparison to High-End magazines, technical articles you'll find somewhere else etc.

This web forum is a private message exchange platforum.

I might agree with you, if you are aiming at this topic, we could get some more details of the changes done on the system and which were the outcomes. But as I understood this also takes some more time in testing etc.

I am enjoying this thread.

best @ fun only
Oh Sam, I understand this is about setting the singers' contest benchmark.
I am pretty sure you and Alan will easily outperform this lady ( even without lessons).

your suggestions are accepted :-)

go on...

best @ fun only
Dear Lewm, the comparison goes into the next round in mid december.
We already had some very interesting - and in parts shocking - results, but we all want to verify those under slightly modified conditions in a few weeks.
I will be in Texas again in december and we'll perform the 2nd and final stage of the shoot-out the,
Stay tuned.... ;-) ...
Cheers,
D.
Hi: Looks gorgeous that Air Force One:

https://picasaweb.google.com/hfeiner/TWOTURNTABLES?authkey=Gv1sRgCOy02-j1puykKA#5678170499062229282

Thank you J.Carr/Halcro.

Unoear, maybe you can add it to your TT comparisons and maybe along the Wave Kinetics too.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dertonarm I think Unoear , Syntax and others that you have personally guided in their quest to better sound are very lucky.

As seriuos and deeply involved in this hobby as Syntax and Unoear are I think you will in the end save him an enormous amount of time and loads of money.

There are many unique and interesting places in this world and Texas is one of them.
My long ago experiences with many Texans have left an impression with their overwhelming hospitality and down to earth kindness.
One line that I heard often and still get a kick out of when I think about it,,Were Fix'n on hav'n a big ol Texas BBQ, bring yerself and yer little honey and thats all you need to do.
Great food! , good music! and tall tails!

Now is it true that Alan, Unoear, lost his ear in some cowboy saloon fight?