Rockport Sirius III & Micro Seiki 8000 comparison

Arrival of 4 Ears from Germany for Shootout in my Home. Rockport Sirius III Direct Drive Turntable with Linear Arm / Micro Seki 8000 in a unique version with an additional RX 3000 as an interia unit.
Some mods have to be done first, but the System is getting the right temperature......

checking Plate Current...

Rockport Sirius III turntable

with a Lyra

Olympos SL cartridge
connected to a modified Lamm LP2 with a special custom made SUT for it
and the Front End...

Lamm LL1 Preamp

Lamm ML3 Amps

.... now back to work ... more coming
Ag insider logo xs@2xunoear

Showing 10 responses by thuchan

Unoear,
to establish a fair comparison you may consider running the 8000 with a VPI SDS and a flywheel. You will hear the difference in your wonderful system. Have fun

best @ fun only
Oh Sam, I understand this is about setting the singers' contest benchmark.
I am pretty sure you and Alan will easily outperform this lady ( even without lessons).

your suggestions are accepted :-)

go on...

best @ fun only
Unoear,
to establish a fair comparison between Rockport and MS you may consider running the 8000 with a VPI SDS and a double flywheel. The weak side of the MS transports in the old days were the motors not the old blue guy :-). I know you have a strong motor but it is worth a try. You will hear the difference in your wonderful system - maybe one day.

These units look very familar to me, have followed their anchestrial roots I guess.

If you put anti vibration measurements on the wooden doors this is also very good for the sound.

But at this stage the installation looks pretty damn good. Don`t spoil the guys too much, they are used to a hard life full of privation living in remote hill side or lake side environments.

best @ fun only
In_shore.

you are so right. This aspect is missing in the magazines. in Germany image hifi had a coverage of private systems two years ago, then stopped to publish in print. I now learned that a famous North American Magazine gives detailed recommendations for buying a system rather than discussing the implementation of units into a good system.

these are the modern times. I doubt that audiophiles are really looking for specific buying recommendations. What is missing is the deep knowledge how units interfere and how they are optimised delivering a wonderful sound.

BTW this is the most important part in our hobby - not owning the most expensive gear or the best rated units but understanding and building up a nice system.

I am sure these guys have a lot of fun

best @ fun only
Dear Peter,
I appreciate your motivation and I am sure you're doing it the right way.
Nevertheless what I am experiencing on my thread "Which are the Top Performing Turntables" does not encourage me very much investing time on showing and explaining units of my system on an open platform. Pls. do understand I am not talking about you, not at all!  But who prevents such a platform being hijacked by Bill Feil or some other guys who have different motivations on platforms than our community.

best @ fun only
Dear Sam,
I am very eager to see how Alan will come out of all these refinements which will boost the system most properly. I am pretty sure he will enjoy the days after... when he is able to concentrate on many details more deeply.

BTW when are you coming to Europe next time, it's time for a rehearsal...
you may Alan bring along!

best @ fun only
Hi Sam,

you need to sing when coming. Did you have some lessons already? :-) the mikes are already getting warm...
Yes 30ips, 1/2", two track and absolutly no noise reduction.
We`ll then produce a video and send it to Peter Breuninger for his new enterprise.

best @ fun only
Hello Unoear,

looking forward seeing you two. As I know Sam he will be able to sing - oh yes, and maybe teach us too :-)

great that you love the Fr-7f. Your blue Micro and your FR-66s has a nice history I will tell you some other day.

BTW I think in this small group Syntax is the only real Bavarian. He is descending of some hill tribes, am I right? His images are wonderful and will be a nice memory for you.

Oh yes I can imagine, it is not only about audio. This is even more fantastic. So maybe you will travel Bavaria next Octoberfeast...

best @ fun only
Kostas_1,

I think this thread explains some changes in a system, which is, if you are enjoying this forum, the most important contribution of the platform - also in comparison to High-End magazines, technical articles you'll find somewhere else etc.

This web forum is a private message exchange platforum.

I might agree with you, if you are aiming at this topic, we could get some more details of the changes done on the system and which were the outcomes. But as I understood this also takes some more time in testing etc.

I am enjoying this thread.

best @ fun only