Rockport Sirius III & Micro Seiki 8000 comparison

Arrival of 4 Ears from Germany for Shootout in my Home. Rockport Sirius III Direct Drive Turntable with Linear Arm / Micro Seki 8000 in a unique version with an additional RX 3000 as an interia unit.
Some mods have to be done first, but the System is getting the right temperature......

checking Plate Current...

Rockport Sirius III turntable

with a Lyra

Olympos SL cartridge
connected to a modified Lamm LP2 with a special custom made SUT for it
and the Front End...

Lamm LL1 Preamp

Lamm ML3 Amps

.... now back to work ... more coming
Ag insider logo xs@2xunoear
Unoear,
to establish a fair comparison between Rockport and MS you may consider running the 8000 with a VPI SDS and a double flywheel. The weak side of the MS transports in the old days were the motors not the old blue guy :-). I know you have a strong motor but it is worth a try. You will hear the difference in your wonderful system - maybe one day.

These units look very familar to me, have followed their anchestrial roots I guess.

If you put anti vibration measurements on the wooden doors this is also very good for the sound.

But at this stage the installation looks pretty damn good. Don`t spoil the guys too much, they are used to a hard life full of privation living in remote hill side or lake side environments.

best @ fun only
Would love to be there, love the Micro Seiki tables.
Let us know how it all works out.
Take care,
Unoear,
Congratulations for putting together such a shoot out, this would never happen in the audio press today. I believe you fellows will do a fair and unbiased comparison.

Thuchan ,too bad you could not be there also.
In_shore.

you are so right. This aspect is missing in the magazines. in Germany image hifi had a coverage of private systems two years ago, then stopped to publish in print. I now learned that a famous North American Magazine gives detailed recommendations for buying a system rather than discussing the implementation of units into a good system.

these are the modern times. I doubt that audiophiles are really looking for specific buying recommendations. What is missing is the deep knowledge how units interfere and how they are optimised delivering a wonderful sound.

BTW this is the most important part in our hobby - not owning the most expensive gear or the best rated units but understanding and building up a nice system.

I am sure these guys have a lot of fun

best @ fun only