Turntable speed accuracy

There is another thread (about the NVS table) which has a subordinate discussion about turntable speed accuracy and different methods of checking. Some suggest using the Timeline laser, others use a strobe disk.

I assume everyone agrees that speed accuracy is of utmost importance. What is the best way to verify results? What is the most speed-accurate drive method? And is speed accuracy really the most important consideration for proper turntable design or are there some compromises with certain drive types that make others still viable?
peterayer
Lewn ~ a customer of mine has the TTWeights upgraded player with the new extended rim and still the Timeline showed it was unstable. Can he hear it? No but it didn't make him fell all warm and fuzzy.
God never meant for audiophiles to have a warm and fuzzy moment. If an audiophile is not worried at any given moment, he is compelled to search for something to worry about. Enter, the Timeline.
I notice very few, if anyone, is using a test tone and measuring frequency, as a means of setting TT speed. My limited experience is that the KAB disc is pretty insensitive, I have an AC motor and so the KAB disc shows perfect speed, however the 3150 test tone measured with the Feickert App, shows fluctuations of up to 5 Hz from a mean of 3150, after I have adjusted the power supply. The test tone takes stylus drag into account. So what are the issues with this method?

So what are the issues with this method?

I kept hopping someone else would chime in. I have the Feickert App and the Feickert LP but also have the new Quality LP from Chad (Ultimate Analog Test LP, track 10) that both work with Fozgometer.

Test result is different with each test record and I don't want to get into multiple page (guessing game) explanation as to why.

The Timeline shows what's happening very easily and quickly with minimal hassle. I'll continue to test but the results with iPhone are dubious.
Clarification of my post (above).

I bought the Ultimate Analog Test LP for the Fozgometer and found track 10 worked with the Feickert iPhone App.

Both it and Feickert test disc have the steady state 3150 HZ test tone.