Vibraplane: Should it be loaded close to limit?

I just bought a Vibraplane 2210. It has a maximum load of 275 lbs. I plan to put my unsuspended SME Model 10 turntable on it, replacing my Townshend Seismic Sink. My question is this: Because my turntable only weights about 30 lbs, should I preload the Vibraplane to get the total load with my turntable closer to the maximum load? Will this improve the isolation? If so, what do you recommend I use to preload it? I was thinking a sheet of steel, aluminum or granite. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
peterayer
AVphile,
The Kinetics website quotes a max load of 200, but the specification sheet for the unit quotes a max of 275. The performance graphs suggest the closer to the max load the better the isolation figures. I have emails going to both Sounds of Silence and to Kinetic Systems for some suggestions. I just thought Audiogon members who own this unit might have some insight on how to optimize its performance.
I too recently picked up this unit (active version with compressor - 2212-01), and would also like to know the answer to this question. The instruction manual states 275 lbs as the maximum load.
I did hear back from Kinetic Systems and from Sounds of Silence. Tony at KS suggested I contact Steve Klein at SOS as he has more experience with the VP in audio applications. The maximum net design load of my passive 24" X 20" Vibraplane 2210 is indeed 275 lbs. Steve wrote me that there will be audible improvements when pre-loading the unit in the 125-150 lb. range and then diminishing improvements from that point on.

Neither gentleman recommended one type of slab over another but Steve did mention that a critical decision would be what material to use between the slab and the top of the VP. He recommended researching materials from EAR.

My VP arrived today and I think I will start by just setting it up as is and comparing it to my Townshend Seismic Sink. I may end up moving my TSS under my phono amp as I have another one under my pre amp and it did improve the sound. After I live with the VP under my TT for a while, I will experiment with pre-loading it. The unit weights about 150 lbs, so if I add another 150 lbs plus my 30 lb TT, that will be a lot of weight on the top of my rack.

Thanks for all the feedback and if anyone has anything else to add, I would appreciate it.