TW-Acustic Raven 10.5 or DaVinci Grandezza??

Seems like a crazy question!
I am getting a Raven one but will have a choice of the Raven 10.5 or DaVinci Grandezza for just $2000 more! Which should I go for? Well I am not sure if Raven one is a good match to this super arm but the 10.5 have got great reviews. Please give soem advice.
luna
I think azimuth is a must for Der :-)

06-24-09: Perrew
D
what in your opinion constitutes a good tonearm?

06-24-09: Dertonarm

Dear Perrew, in no particular order:
- dynamic balanced design (I consider this a must !),
- adjustable overhang and AZIMUTH,
- very rigid construction - resulting in good energy and vibration handling,
- 10" minimum effective length to get below 2 degrees error,

I believe these are among the few key features of any great pivot tonearm design. All truely great pivot tonearms do have these 4 in common (except the Graham Phantom - which I would include in my list).
Cheers,
D.
Dertonarm
Dear Lbelchev, you will be surprised, but again the key problem is reading.
Perrew asked for my opinion what constitutes a good tonearm.
I said above the DaVinci sounds good (if aligned exactly) and that it does represent a better value ( particular in future sale on the used market ) than the other contender.
About azimuth adjustment, I said above it should not be necessary ..... and that I respect Brehm's point of view.

My tonearm too does feature azimuth adjustment (in fact with fine calibrated scale that is - so one will always get back to precisely set positions) - as you will see in 4 months here pictured on Audiogon.

Still very interesting to see, how very few - of the "fan-groups", as well as the more smart ones here - seem to have a problem in the first with misplaced stylus.
Did I miss something here and is it indeed an inevitable law of nature?
Or were we just told for so long it is?

I am realizing that I fight a rather lonely battle here - but no problem, I am used to it.
Following one of SJ's key phrases automatically leads to this.
So - who's next ?
Dertonarm, so do you also think anti-skate is unnecessary? I'm not asking in order to stoke an argument. I respect your knowledge and experience in vinyl, so I'm curious about your opinion on this subject, which is also somewhat controversial.
Dertonarm, this is really blowing the wind hard.

My tonearm too does feature azimuth adjustment (in fact with fine calibrated scale that is - so one will always get back to precisely set positions) - as you will see in 4 months here pictured on Audiogon.

What you are saying is very simple. In theory (or in an ideal audio world), azimuth adjustment on an arm is not necessary. But in reality or from a marketing point of view (if that's the case for you to try to sell der tonarm), it's necessary to have, and you even make it more refined which by itself might be a good thing, although you didn't go as far as what Talea did.

Basically you are saying one thing and doing another. What you believe (if you have one) is not what you are going to behave. Very misleading say the least.

Better put some disclaimer as other dealers or makers do on your future post before you have a brand: maker of Uni-XXX
Kdl, see - I am a pacifist and practicing martial arts since 30 years.
Is this a contradiction and does it mean preaching one thing and doing the other?
If something is beyond one's capability one shouldn't try to judge.
I have incorporated azimuth adjustment in my tonearm - and in a way no one else has done before - because of "customer's request" indeed.
To address all possible requirements - not because I personally need it.
Furthermore to show how it can be done better than before.

I believe in nothing which would tell you anything.
The simplicity of a judgement reflects the mind of the originator.
As William Blake put it so nicely over 2 centuries ago "the eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow".
Take it the way you like to.