Graham Phantom Supreme?

Has anyone done a comparison between the Supreme and the mkII? Is it worth changing and expending the extra outlay?

The main revisions appear to be the bearing housing and an improved magneglide stabiliser (I think the internal wiring was up to a good standard already on the mkII)

There is a company called AudioMax Ltd (approved contractor?) which can perform upgrades from both Phantom I and Phantom II to the Supreme build.
Any experience of this conversion out there ?
Many thanks... :)
moonglum
Aoliviero and Egrady,
I noticed that my Koetsu carts are not clamping flat against the headshell. For proper overhang, these carts ride almost all the way back in the 10" armwand's headshell. That positions their mounting hole "wings" almost behind the blue damping dot, which causes a torquing force when you tighten the screws. Thus, the cartridge is slightly "tail up" even while the headshell is 100% level.

At first I thought removing the dot would fix it, but no -- that only exposed 2 low-relief "rails" in the headshell that cause the same issue. This is my only complaint about the arm -- the headshell should be freaking flat!! No bumps, dots or other crap.

Headshell issues aside, the Phantom Supreme is a fabulously built, fabulous sounding arm that is a cinch to setup in all other paramaters!
Mulveling

I'm in the same boat. With the 10 inch. My cart is all the way back inbthe headshell. But I was able to verify that independent of the cart, the headhsell is not in the same plane as the tube. The micropoise spirit level shows one thing and a spirit level not the headshell showa the oppPaige.

My 9 inch want didn't have that issue.

Andrew
Does anyone have information on phantom supreme ii with 12 inch arm wand. What is spindle to pivot distance. I cant find them any where

Thx
Spindle to pivot distance is 295.6 mm according to Michael Fajen at Musical Surroundings.