Graham Phantom Supreme?

Has anyone done a comparison between the Supreme and the mkII? Is it worth changing and expending the extra outlay?

The main revisions appear to be the bearing housing and an improved magneglide stabiliser (I think the internal wiring was up to a good standard already on the mkII)

There is a company called AudioMax Ltd (approved contractor?) which can perform upgrades from both Phantom I and Phantom II to the Supreme build.
Any experience of this conversion out there ?
Many thanks... :)
moonglum
Good Point Wrm57. The arm lift rest is quite close to the ring with my 10". I can't imagine life w/o the ring though. Nothing like flat record playback, not to mention the other bennies. I need to take closer look at the anti-skate clearence.
Hello,

here are some lines in copy from Grahamengineering about that:

... we offer the longer wands for the sole reason that some turntabales with record rings (VPI, Clearaudio) require more length for the arm components to clear. And that's the only reason...

... In a word - don't worry about the long length; you're much better off with the standard 9" arm...

Hope this helps, and best wishes,
Bob Graham

I use mainly 9" Phantom IIs, has the advantage, that the alignment gig is calculated for it, too.
Rockitman, Wrm57, the 10" arm wand was - as the 12" arm wand - Graham's reaction to market request. Indeed you will have a hard time mounting a 9" Phantom (or any other 9" pivot) when the platter diameter exceeds 320 mm or when using an outer ring on the platter. Whether Clearaudio, VPI in specific or others - the 10" is the way to go when using the outer ring anyway. But pay attention to the off-set.
10-29-11: Dertonarm
Rockitman, Wrm57, the 10" arm wand was - as the 12" arm wand - Graham's reaction to market request. Indeed you will have a hard time mounting a 9" Phantom (or any other 9" pivot) when the platter diameter exceeds 320 mm or when using an outer ring on the platter. Whether Clearaudio, VPI in specific or others - the 10" is the way to go when using the outer ring anyway. But pay attention to the off-set.

so there is no advantage with longer arms ? I though longer arms had lower tracking error ? That's why the Gradenzza is 12" the Durand Telos is 12" ect. ? Help to understand...
Rockitman, please - don't get me wrong.
Aside from increased effective mass a longer effective length version is always superior in terms of tangential error and sensibility to SRA/VTA variation due to the inevitable hills and valley on every LP.

It is in specific here - with the Graham Phantom and it's armwands of 9", 10" and 12" resulting effective length.
As I said: look careful to the off-set of the headshell mounting area.
It is correct only for the original 9" version.
That's why the 9" version here is the "best".
Usually I would always vote and go for the 12" version - but not here.