Graham Phantom Supreme?

Has anyone done a comparison between the Supreme and the mkII? Is it worth changing and expending the extra outlay?

The main revisions appear to be the bearing housing and an improved magneglide stabiliser (I think the internal wiring was up to a good standard already on the mkII)

There is a company called AudioMax Ltd (approved contractor?) which can perform upgrades from both Phantom I and Phantom II to the Supreme build.
Any experience of this conversion out there ?
Many thanks... :)
moonglum
Smoffatt,

I had the bubble level installed at the same time, sime my Phantom II was one of the first and did not come with the level. Total cost was $600, but I think Bob threw in the level for free.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive of the impact of the upgrade alone versus the upgrade & new cartridge.

Dave
$600 seems very reasonable given the work involved. Did the origianl reason you sent the arm in defray some of the cost? In short, do you know if you send the Phantom II in, just for the Supreme upgrade, if its $600?
I've had a couple of email exchanges with Ken at AudioMax about possibly doing the upgrade. They're not offering to do the upgrade. The arm would be shipped to Graham or Musical Surroundings.
Perhaps they want people to work through a dealer for payment and scheduling. I haven't got all of the information, yet.
Thanks for your feedback guys...

Dave, thanks in particular for the detailed analysis. My mkII is quite recent so the upgrade should be straightforward.
The comparative newness of the arm is a barrier to getting an immediate fix. I'm thinking of acquiring more familiarity with it before jumping onto the upgrade bandwagon again. If Bob comes up with the next generation of mods in 6-12 months I could get both the "Supreme" and the "Supreme+1" updates and be ahead of the game! :o)

Egrady....I agree, $600 is very reasonable and given the cost of the new model it's hard to see where Bob is making any kind of margin. The Phantom I update looks even better value...