Lyra and VPI Scout

Do Lyra cartridges work well with VPI Scout? I had a Benz H2, sounded horrible, could never get it to track well. I think it is defective and Benz is not handling it. I am currently using a older Benz Glider high output, tracks great, same table and alignment tool, go figure. I have a new phono preamp (Xono) that will accept all kinds of cartridge loads and liked the way a Lyra sounded on my friends old Mission table with a Mechanic tonearm. My table and that one are not in the same league but I wanted to know of anyone else is using Lyra cartridges with the Scout. I was looking at either a Delos or a Helikon. I am not sure about the compatibility with a jmw 9 tonearm.
tzh21y
Wow! nice Steve, that would be my next cart when it's time to replace mine, Delos or Kleos.
I have reached the same conclusion as Steve. I am currently using a Skala and a mono Helikon. Previous to the Skala, I had a stereo Helikon. These worked wonderfully on my JMW 10.5i arm.
Wow, I have never owned a Lyra but have always been curious. Was thinking my next cart might be another ortofon because the jubilee has been nothing but superb but you guys and other feedback is curious.
Just about 3 months ago, I abought a used VPI Scout that has a Lyra Argo cart on the tone arm. I might say the sound quality is superb and as an Oppo bdp 95 owner, the VPI Scout is much clearer sounding than my Oppo. But of course I'm using my McIntosh C2300 tube preamp that has a built in MM/MC phono stage. I've never enjoyed vinyl until I got VPI Scout with Lyra cartridge.
Yes...Lyra and VPI are a good match, but so is a Benz. If you still have yours and want to make it work, describe what you don't like about it.