Lyra and VPI Scout

Do Lyra cartridges work well with VPI Scout? I had a Benz H2, sounded horrible, could never get it to track well. I think it is defective and Benz is not handling it. I am currently using a older Benz Glider high output, tracks great, same table and alignment tool, go figure. I have a new phono preamp (Xono) that will accept all kinds of cartridge loads and liked the way a Lyra sounded on my friends old Mission table with a Mechanic tonearm. My table and that one are not in the same league but I wanted to know of anyone else is using Lyra cartridges with the Scout. I was looking at either a Delos or a Helikon. I am not sure about the compatibility with a jmw 9 tonearm.
tzh21y
It sounds like that Benz left a bad taste in your ears, however, the Ebony LP is one hell of a cartridge. The high output version is wonderful as well if you need the gain. I'm using the LP on a rim drive Superscoutmaster, and the sound is glorious.
I have a ScoutMaster with the Lyra Titan for several years, and I'm very happy with this combo.
Your Benz H2 should be deffective and probably having quite a few thousand hours.
Other than that Lyras have greater durability and better tracking qualities.
lol. There was definitely something wrong with it. The H2 and the Ace both did the exact same thing, track terribly. The Glider works perfectly. I think I received bad stock. The frustrating thing is that I told my dealer right after I got it that there was something wrong and they always insisted it was something I did or that my tonearm was not up to the task. Now I know that it was nothing that I did because i did the same thing with the Glider. I can live with the Glider, but wanted to try the Lyra because I heard one at my friends house and I was very impressed with what I heard. It sounded like REAL music.
I'm married to Lyra forever. Simply the best line of analogue carts. All of them.