LP care

I've made the commitment to get back into vinyl, purchasing a VPI Classic 'table with Lyra Delos cartridge. routed through an ARC PH-5 to Ayre amplification and on to Vandy 5A's. Recognizing the importance of a quality RCM, I also bought a VPI 16.5, so all the basic elements for vinyl enjoyment are there. (Approximately one week until everything arrives and can be set up!)

With all that lengthy background, my question is: what are the most effective record cleaning fluids. I have to admit that I am getting high-centered over the range of choices: regular cleaning fluid, "deep" cleaning fluid, enzymatic cleaner, rinses, etc. etc. etc.

This is especially topical for me, as 80+% of the albums I will be playing have been in storage (and not always perfectly clean storage at that) for 2-3 decades. Plus other music I want to acquire is probably only going to be available used, so good cleaning is important for that, too.

Second question: I assume that once one has cleaned a record with a vacuum RCM, that it remains relatively clean and doesn't need RCM treatment for every listening; instead, it simply needs to be wiped with a brush to remove dust and static before playing (assuming nothing odd happens). True?

Sorry for the long question, but figure the more detail I give, the more useful input I'll get. I'm hoping to tap the expertise of those on this forum -- and please feel free to simply point me to existing material, either in the form of previous threads here or other on-line resources.

Thanks to all, and happy listening!
dawgfish
Hi Dawgfish - I heartily recommend the Audio Intelligent system of three different fluids. They are quite a bit better than anything else I have tried, and everyone I know that has tried them has continued to use them as well.

As for re-cleaning, sometimes I do it again if the record was particularly dirty the first time, or if there was still some noise on it. Sometimes a longer soak with the enzymatic fluid will take care of those issues, sometimes not. I will also re-clean a record that hasn't been played for several months.
A Spin Clean works very well, although not expensive enough to be taken seriously by some. It cleans seriously though. I've been rediscovering my collection of "10 years stored" moldy LPs and damn...after some cleaning I find a lot of fun in those records.
Well, the question for the best Cleaning fluid will be always a more or less endless discussion. I looked for it, too, for several years. I use a RCM since 1992 and tried a lot. Today I changed my mind a little bit about it. When a record was made right from the pressing factory, you can use more or less whatever you want. you need some time that this fluid will work and the most difference is in the removal of that fluid (everything out and dry or not). when you have reissues which have tics, pops...you can't remove it. this is based on inferior quality control from the manufacturer (cooling not long enough, groove damage and some more). You can clean them 10x with everything (multistep cleaning solutions), it will help a little bit, but it will never be a real silent record.
I tried a lot of fluids, from cheap to expensive and back, VPI Concentrate does a good job, L'Art du Son is ok, Audio Intelligent is ok, that I use now, but my favorite is a German - cheap - fluid, Hannl VI3. When you want something expensive, there is a Set available from Switzerland, it is called Audiotop, multi step solution. Tried it too.
But after all those years I think, the best investemnt you can do is to buy a Point Nozzle Design (Loricraft, Monks, SourceOdyssey). I closed that chapter.
Happy Listening