SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj
Lewm.....Yep you are correct, at least 4 tables over that price. In fact saw something the other day for $650,000!!!
I would love to hear your table...I'm very intrigued about DD. There is so much good science attached to the concept.
I am living on an island and I want something that is gonna be plug and play to a large extent.
I'd love to mess with plinths and feet and all that but I have a car to rebuild and waves to surf ;-)
Maybe one day I will pick up a Garrard or Technics or....but right now the winner of my TT search is...........
Let me guess. You are buying Brinkmann Balance with Schroeder arm, right?
Inna.......sorry, wrong answer ;-)
It's gonna be the SME 20/12 with V-12 arm.
Now for the cartridge!
Great decision on the table/arm Mauidji. For a cartridge, how about either the Dynavector XV-1S or Air Tight PC-1?
A decent Ortofon is an excellent match with SME. I've got a Jubilee on my Model 10 and a Cadenza Black on the 20.