One of my closest friends is gone.

Brooks Berdan died yesterday. I loved him like a brother. He was a legend in audio. I believe no man knew more about analog and turntables than Brooks. He was a kind, considerate and compassionate man. My heart goes out to Sheila, Brian and Jennifer. I will miss him.
narrod
You had to appreciate a store that carried a wide variety of equipment, offered a top notch repair service to customers, and housed an analog museum. It helped even more that the people who own and operate the establishment are truly passionate about what they do and are truly a pleasure to deal with and know. It had been a while since I had seen Brooks, but he will be sorely missed.
It such a terrible loss. He's one of my main influences in getting back into audio after a long layoff about 12 years ago and he stayed with me the whole time as I built my system offering advice and support and selling me things always at a fair price. I got a tour of the museum from him about 5 months ago and although his health was obviously failing, he was still so enthusiastic about the gear. I hope they are able to make his museum into a real museum which I know was a dream of his. Condolences to Brian.
dang, so sorry to hear. He was is true gentleman and a real great resource. He will be missed.
I only had the pleasure of getting to know Brooks over the last couple of years. I enjoyed my interactions with him and his staff and he struck me as a straightforward person, which I liked. I always felt welcomed and, just as importantly, folks seemed to remember me each time I visited. Especially, unusual because I wouldn't say I visited all that often.

His place is part of a vanishing part of the audio community. He has 3 to 4 showrooms, a diverse product line, both new and used product, etc. And it saddens me that he was unable to finish his museum build-out prior to his passing. His loss is a loss to the audio community.

My condolences to his family, staff and friends. Best of luck to all moving forward.
Dear Narrod: Sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences to his family and you: that God took with Him.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.