To SME or not to SME?

...that is the question. I have an irrationally strong urge to sell my Orbe SE, a very nice 'table in it's own right and order a SME 20/3. I've posted an ad for a used 30/2 but haven't received any responses. I have a new SME V to mount on the table. Could the SME be a last 'table purchase, or will the urge strike again a couple of years down the road if not sooner? Thoughts, opinions from members with ownership or listening experiences with the Orbe SE or any of the SME tables would be greatly appreciated.
mikesmith
Sksos1 - I beg to differ. I've owned both the Basis Debut Signature Vacuum and the SY7. Sold them. (I've heard the S10 and don't think it is a significant improvement over the S7). Neither measures up to the SME 30/12 with V12 arm - what I own now. Plenty of PRAT and inner detail.
I'll go count up my albums now.......let's just say, quite a few.
Hi Ron - I have no idea what a 30 sounds like, have never heard one but trust your ears. For me the 20 was the most un-involving table I ever had in my system and yes it was with the SMEV arm, all I know is I myself would never consider that table EVER. And I thought the S10 was a significant improvement over the S7 but really not worth the price of admission IMHO.
Linn owner: the SME is boring.
SME owner: the Avid is boring.
Avid owner: the Linn is boring.

I've actually heard these owners make these comments.
I reckon rgurney is still counting ,.....

As long as skoss1 is so vague over the system it was used in ,it is wild guessing as to why or what.

I am happy to hear rgurney ended up with the top sme , i might have made a good choice .

skoss1 if your sme system was boring , put a convergent pre in the system.

mauidij i personally also like raven ac with davinci arm
Gordon,

That is a good one. Kind of sums up things quite nicely. Very pithy and so typical of this subjective hobby. Subjective in what one hears and objective in the sense of intense brand loyalty practiced by many toward their preferred objects.

I'm leaning with Rgurney and wish I could find a way to afford the big SME.