Uni-Protractor Set tonearm alignment

Looks like Dertonarm has put his money where his mouth is and designed the ultimate universal alignment tractor.

Early days, It would be great to hear from someone who has used it and compared to Mint, Feikert etc.

Given its high price, it will need to justify its superiority against all others. It does look in another league compared to those other alignemt devices

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtnrm&1303145487&/Uni-Protractor-Set-tonearm-ali
downunder
Raul, yeah, perfect example you quoted. Yes, I can drive a Honda accord and change the tires from Bridgestone to Michelin. Yes the same car but ride differently. Can you get this? Yes, same car...honda accord but drives differently. Chenge some tires and get back to us if you feel the same ride comfort, handling etc. Changing curves it just like that.

Since you're so into distortion, get a pioneer. 0.00000001%thd. It means nothing. Yes, Lofgren might be the first according to you and the rest are clones? Yes, you're right. So Ford made the first car. So are all other cars are clones? Maybe. So does that mean everyone has to buy ford and not others? Comes back to my explaination. Not everyone likes hamburgers and fries. It's all different ideas nothing more than that.

Remember, in life, nothing is 100% except for death and your taxes.
Raul, according to you, everything else is a clone of the Lofgren. Fine. What if the clone "somehow" sounds better than the original? Like a Ferrari go faster than the Ford? But a Honda Accord will NOT drive like or become a BMW even you put Michelins on it. It will certainly drive better than those crappy Bridgestone or Firestone tires.
Dear Genesis168: +++++ " Yes, Lofgren might be the first according to you " ++++

no it is not according to me it is just that was that way.

+++++ " What if the clone "somehow" sounds better than the original? " +++++

I'm talking on lower distortions with the original, which sounds better is a subjective issue. As DT states this whole subject is one of the few where you can find objetivity: this is mathematics and you can change that. That a Ferrari runs faster than other car is no example for compare the tonearm/cartridge set up geometry.

I repeat again, in the Löfgren and clones solutions/equations you need three and only three input data for the calculations: tonearm effective length, most outer groove distance and most inner groove distance and is according these three numbers ( that you can choose as you want it. and for any reason you have. ) that you calculate the overhang and offset angle. For each one three input data set exist one and only one overhang and offset numbers.
Each time you change any of those three input data you change the overhang and offset calculations.

Well, all those calculations were made through Löfgren A or B equations/solutions. Today there is no other way, I mean no one take it the research time to create a new method or other equations level different from Löfgren.

What do you don't understand on this that's what I was posted one and again?, please show me where are my faults because if I'm wrong ( that could be, why not. ) I want to know it and appreciate your help or any other person help including DT help.
I'm here to share my experiences and know-how level and to learn from all and each one of you.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Genesis168,
I am currently using an early 80s Pioneer turntable with early 80s Pioneer electronics (amps, pre with phono stage and headamp). They provide superlative reproduction of music. They have vanishingly low levels of distortion, and the headamp and amps are probably the quietest examples I have ever heard. And they are black too (except for the TT).

Lots of manufacturers had cheap stuff which doesn't sound great. That included mfrs from all over - not just from Japan. Some also had stuff which competes with the best out there today (and on an inflation-adjusted basis had prices to match the best of today (inflation-adjusted MSRP of the headamp would be in the range of $8-10k)).
Dear Dev, thank you. The 2nd production run of the uNI-Protractor starts in April 2011 and we are already taking reservations, as the 2nd production run is limited edition too. You may request individual UNI-templates for your Reed 12" as well as for the TW 10.5 (in fact, both templates are available, as they were already requested from some customers). If you have any specific questions regarding the UNI-Protractors function or would like to have a look into its manual, please send me a PM and I will be happy to send you further info.
Cheers,
D.