Uni-Protractor Set tonearm alignment

Looks like Dertonarm has put his money where his mouth is and designed the ultimate universal alignment tractor.

Early days, It would be great to hear from someone who has used it and compared to Mint, Feikert etc.

Given its high price, it will need to justify its superiority against all others. It does look in another league compared to those other alignemt devices

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtnrm&1303145487&/Uni-Protractor-Set-tonearm-ali
downunder
Dertonarm, how did I miss this thread.

I guess I was doing more listening than reading.

It took me a bit to go threw reading all posts but I will say thanks for taking the time and designing such a tool, if it truely works the way you mention well what can anyone say but hats off to you and thanks.

Time will tell for sure.

I sure would like to get one to try and compare.

My current arms;

REED 2A 12 inch
TW 10.5
Dear Genesis168: IMHO maybe you don't understand very well the overall subject and what I posted in this thread about.

The main subject is not " if you don't think lofgren is the solution to all tonearm alignment " or what I think or what any other person/people think the fact is that those two Löfgren ( A/B ) solutions are the ones that exist and all the other " solutions ", including the solution you prefer ( it does not matters which one ), are only a copy/clon of those Löfgren equations.

In my last post before the one I sended to you I explain the Stevenson approach as an example on how we can manipulate/change the input data to achieve a different set up parameters but even in those cases the solution is still Löfgren, A or B but Löfgren.

Why is so complicated for you can understand something so simple?: there are no other solutions than Löfgren, what there are are different input data for the set up calculations.

Genesis168, examples: you go to a movie theatre named " Six Flags " to watch Avatar movie and next week you return to the same movie theatre to watch Black Swan, do you think that the name on that movie theatre ( everything the same ) changed or still named " Six Flags " ?, of course has the same name but different input.
You own a Honda Accord that comes with Bridgestone tires and today you decide to change those tires for Michelin: can this car tires change the model of your Honda from Accord to City/Civic?, no you still own a Honda Accord.

The same happen with Löfgren two solutions and like it or not like it to me or not like it to DT or not today we have to stay inside Löfgren A or Löfgren B solutions, that's all. There are no other solutions that gives you overall lower distortions.

As I posted: DT tryed in the past to prove exist a better solution for FR tonearms and when he posted the " new " set up parameters ( that he gives ) only showed higher distortions. What he is talking about again and again he never proved because he can't, what he made is only change the yesterday Avatar picture for today Black Swan one and that's all.

Any changes from Löfgren IEC/DIN only gives you overall higher distortions: it does not matter what you DT or I have to say about and this is with any pivoted tonearm and any stand alone cartridge. As DT said is simple geometry.

Genesis and DT: I'm not against the DT protractor or other protractors I'm only trying to help for what take me a lot of research and time to understand and learned it ( I'M a little " slow ". ) and that this proccess be more easy to any one of you in favor to improve your knowledge level on the subject.

+++++ " Were all different and we have a choice. Not everyone likes hamburgers and fries. " +++++

agree/yes, Löfgren A or Löfgren B are today our only choices. Easy, if you don't beleive this then ask DT that show you the " new " equations ( not input data. ) different from Löfgren ones that outperform it. If he shows that then we could have a third choice and certainly all of us shall win in favor of music sound reproduction at home!

DT, could you? at the end is you who proclam about. I'm sure that everyone would like to see Avatar in 4-D new pictures technology.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul, yeah, perfect example you quoted. Yes, I can drive a Honda accord and change the tires from Bridgestone to Michelin. Yes the same car but ride differently. Can you get this? Yes, same car...honda accord but drives differently. Chenge some tires and get back to us if you feel the same ride comfort, handling etc. Changing curves it just like that.

Since you're so into distortion, get a pioneer. 0.00000001%thd. It means nothing. Yes, Lofgren might be the first according to you and the rest are clones? Yes, you're right. So Ford made the first car. So are all other cars are clones? Maybe. So does that mean everyone has to buy ford and not others? Comes back to my explaination. Not everyone likes hamburgers and fries. It's all different ideas nothing more than that.

Remember, in life, nothing is 100% except for death and your taxes.
Raul, according to you, everything else is a clone of the Lofgren. Fine. What if the clone "somehow" sounds better than the original? Like a Ferrari go faster than the Ford? But a Honda Accord will NOT drive like or become a BMW even you put Michelins on it. It will certainly drive better than those crappy Bridgestone or Firestone tires.
Dear Genesis168: +++++ " Yes, Lofgren might be the first according to you " ++++

no it is not according to me it is just that was that way.

+++++ " What if the clone "somehow" sounds better than the original? " +++++

I'm talking on lower distortions with the original, which sounds better is a subjective issue. As DT states this whole subject is one of the few where you can find objetivity: this is mathematics and you can change that. That a Ferrari runs faster than other car is no example for compare the tonearm/cartridge set up geometry.

I repeat again, in the Löfgren and clones solutions/equations you need three and only three input data for the calculations: tonearm effective length, most outer groove distance and most inner groove distance and is according these three numbers ( that you can choose as you want it. and for any reason you have. ) that you calculate the overhang and offset angle. For each one three input data set exist one and only one overhang and offset numbers.
Each time you change any of those three input data you change the overhang and offset calculations.

Well, all those calculations were made through Löfgren A or B equations/solutions. Today there is no other way, I mean no one take it the research time to create a new method or other equations level different from Löfgren.

What do you don't understand on this that's what I was posted one and again?, please show me where are my faults because if I'm wrong ( that could be, why not. ) I want to know it and appreciate your help or any other person help including DT help.
I'm here to share my experiences and know-how level and to learn from all and each one of you.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.