Tubes Through Solid State

I've always had solid state or tubes; never mixed the two.
If I get a tubed front end and run it through a solid state power amp do I lose the tube timbre and depth? In other words are the tubes wasted or does it survive and get passed along? I am thinking BAT tubes for the front and I hae Pass Labs amps.
Thanks
sm2727
Sm2727,

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Can you describe something about the sound that isn't sitting well with your ears?

"Tubify" can mean many things, but to me it is implying that the sound is fatiguing and edgy right now. Just a guess. Anyway, the only one who is going to be able to decide what sounds right is you. Try to buy used gear and experiment.

Another thought. You like Pass amps, what about their preamps and phonostages?
In response to Dan_ed...I am happy. I am back to vinyl after many years of chasing the digits. I just know there is always more and that is why I love this hobby. I have had Pass pre-amps...not the phono. The Pass pre-amps are excellent, but I don't think they add anything and I don't need the switching, hence going direct. I started the vinyl with an AR PH 5 going through an Adcom 795 or what ever that Pass designed one was. An inexpensive set up that taught me a lot and was easy to sell. I was really impressed with the AR for the price. I little short on the top and bottom, but the mids were great. I love my current set-up. I just know that there are tube designs that can give me the dynamic range I have now with a bit more color and depth. Cost is my limiting factor, so I am choosing my shots carefully. Everyone had been very helpful ...as usual.
I have a CJ pre and SS amp in the bedroom. I recently changed some NOS tubes in the CJ and the difference passed through the transparent SS amp. I heard the change in tubes quite distinctly. I believe your combination would work very well.
I have had the same experience with tube pre into ss amp. Although I tend to be an all tube person (pre and amp.) I certainly think the tubed pre into ss amp and perhaps vice versa has merrits. Happy Listening.

Chuck