Adding a maple platform to an existing wood rack

I am considering getting a 3" thick maple platform from either Timbernation or Tony's Woodshop. What is the best way to couple this to the top shelf of my RIX RAX. I now use the 2- shelf Rix stand that is on most of my system page photos. My thought is use Mapleshade Isoblocks or a like product.On a similar thread, a company called Atlanta Vibration pads sell an Isoblock type product for a lot less money. Their product is 1" high, while the Isoblock is 1 3/4" high. I use one suspended table, and one Non-suspended table. My floor is suspended, but has numerous floor jacks below the floor, so it's pretty stable. Lastly, do you think it's overkill to get a 3" platform since the Rix itself has such a substantial top shelf,which is also solid maple. Any suggestions are appreciated.
fjn04
Fine tuning your system with different species of wood?
Here is a very short list of wood platform choices and what to expect by using them.

Spruce - cleans up the overall sound
Satinwood - dulls things down a bit
White Pine - adds a fair amount of brightness
Black Walnut - slightly darkens the presentation
Ebony - significantly darkens the presentation
Water Gum - adds a tube like liquidity
Butternut - is great for adding a touch of richness
Zebrawood - blends in so well you will barely notice it all

Seriously, Maple is an excellent choice. And, Cinellipro's suggestion looks pretty good.
Sorry, but "isolate" may not be the right word. A maple platform doesn't isolate anything. Put a maple platform on a vibrating chair. Then put a cup on top of it. Does it vibrate in the exact same way? That is because solid connection to a vibrating source conducts, not isolates, vibrations. With a rubber platform, the cup will vibrate less. Try it, simple experiment.
Inna : My experience was with Maple is with an all tubes System so that may have some bearing on my experiences..Many users love the Maple blocks so,I may be in the small percentage of people that have had less the great experiences with Maple..As I mentioned its only what I hear..
Thorman: You're not in the "small percentage of people that have had less than great experiences with Maple." Many, many people have tried maple and been disappointed. The rest of us just get tired of responding to the same questions over and over. Maple is really just one of many tuning tweaks that can be used to shift the tonal balance of a system in a different direction. The shift will be a positive move for some systems and some listeners, and a big step backwards for others. The same thing applies with cones, footers of all types, and mounting platforms made of other materials.
I don't want to shift the tonal balance anywhere, I just want the table to sound as close as possible to its best.
And I have to put it on something. Also, I cannot experiment with all types of platforms and footers. And the cost has to be reasonable.
Another thought, though it might be irrelevant, I've never heard anyone use maple or walnut or oak to build musical instruments. But spruce, rosewood, cherry and ebony are used. Does it tell us something when it comes to tuning and vibration control? Possibly.