A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Ct0517,

I'm not altogether certain. Moving the Technics onto the AT616s made an immediate difference to staging, pitch and tone. However, isolating and mass-loading the armboard definitely enhanced these gains and brought about the full potential that I've pointed to above.

AS you'll recall from my earleir comments, one of my key interests was to see if the isolation/decoupling of turntable from armboard and plinth would reap rewards. It now seems beyond doubt to me that such isolation offers a huge step forward.
Lewm,

I do have a long carpenter's level that I use for making measurements of larger areas (of shelves, turntable etc). However, the small precision vial that I use can be used to ensure the level at a variety of (often small and intricate - arm tower etc) places/points/spaces.

Not withstanding the noted issues regarding using the larger spirit level here, I think the laser level sounds a really interesting idea and I think would now probably be fairly cost efficient as you suggest. I'll look into the practicalities and thanks for the suggestions.
Dear Dgob, I alredy mentioned how glad I was with your post
and results. Not only because I own an very good arm pod but also because I somehow feel to have won at least one
argument from Lew. However while I am really happy with my
Kuzma Stabi Reference I also know about the existance of
Kuzma XL . Not sure about the plinth but well about the armpod (both huge qua weight and price). But I have never
seen any comment questioning this armpod. So Mr. Kuzma was
at least an half Copernican before Halcro.
Regards,
Dear Dgob: Yes those AT616 are really good supporting the TT but IMHO not so " firm " for a tonearm, I use it too with my AS TT motors.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Re: laser levels.

For anyone interested I have an inexpensive solution. I own a Lazerpro (CL2060) which is a 16" (38 CM) aluminum level with a built-in dot or line laser light. Place it on a nearby surface (check for horizontal with the built in bubble level) adjusted for the height of your motor unit and use the laser line option to project the exact elevation for your arm mount.

I purchased the Lazerpro to facilitate speaker toe-in. That was several years ago but I'm certain it was less than $20.