EMT turntables as good as other great vintage TT?

Are the EMT turntables as good as the great Micro Seiki turntables, or the Pioneer Exclusive P3, or any of the other great vintage turntables. How would they stack up to today's modern turntables? I realize there are many different turntables in the EMT line. I have been reading that the 930st or the 950 seem to be the one's to buy with the 927 being quite rare and very expensive. Could someone take the mystery out of this line? Are they more collectible than sonically relevant?
128x128baranyi
Dear Jean, Sorry to have mischaracterized your response to the EMT 27/Lenco comparison. I thought myself when I wrote the sentence that the word was not quite accurate. I meant to convey that you were excited to find that the two tables were in the same league, which is a lofty one.
Since they were made for radio stations to run 24/7,
there isn't much more than checking the oils once
a year in the motor and platter bearings.
This is for 930 and 927 idlers.950 is a direct drive
and more complicated.There you'd need real service
which is available in Europe.
That is one reason why 930 stayd in production so
long after 950 came out.
We have a BBC Wide Body EMT 950 in our soon to be open DUMBO Brooklyn, NYC showroom for OMA (Oswaldsmill Audio) precisely so that audiophiles can hear the real thing, and A/B to the turntables which OMA manufactures (both direct drive and idler drive.) Although we don't have space for this at our now open SoHo, Manhattan OMA Showroom, we also have a dead stock, complete Technics SP10 MK3 system (Obsidian base, EPA 100 arm, EPC 305MK2 cartrdige) at Oswaldsmill, in Eastern PA, also to use as a reference, and to allow customers to make informed comparisons with our products.

I like to let customers judge for themselves which is superior, which probably answers some of your questions.

Jonathan Weiss
Well, when you listen to it and you think you hear great Bass, *ahem*, it is not the Kingsway Hall. You hear the vibrations from the rim, some call it PRAT, others call it distortions. The main reason why the German Broadcast Studios sold them pretty fast when they were able to get Direct Drives lots of years ago.