The Cheap Stuff

I bought an ADC 1700 turntable for $75.00, and a used Grado Red for $40.00

Believe it or not, they make music!

When I pay a lot of money for stuff, I get anxious when it doesn't sound great.

In this case, however, I'm genuinely happy and I'm listening to lots of vinyl just to see if it all sounds good.

I took a really down'n'dirty needle drop and video this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0FP47XhTE

Cheers!
128x128joelv
It's is refreshing to hear of someone enjoying music and on vinyl no less, for less that $$$$$.$$ =) The ADC was a nice little table, with a respectable tonearm.

Enjoy, thanks for the nice post.

Norman
Thanks for your comments, everyone, and Norman, I'm happy to have posted it. I hope to post some more nice stuff this summer.

Cheers all!

-Joel
I just dug out my old Technics SL-D2 that I bought new in 1980. Slapped an Ortofon 2M Red on it, cleaned a few records with my new Spin Clean and I too am enjoying my over 300 albums for cheap!!
Last year I stumbled onto an excellent condition Dual CS505-2 Vintage Belt at a local Estate shop. Very clean, but, missing belts and cartridge. They wanted $25. I passed and later that evening remembered to search on the internet for info about it. I liked what I read and raced back the next day to buy it. I put a new cartridge and new belts on it and it sings. Definitely one of my better purchases.

They also had a pair of B&W DM602 speakers for $35 and a Sony receiver for $35. I stupidly passed on those and then decided to go back and buy them... but, they were gone.

Haven't seen any equipment there since. Oh well, at least I got the turntable.
I kid you not. The same song sounded worse from Amazon.com sound samples (screechish) then the Youtube (very analog like, especially vocals) on my Imac!