Phono Pre?

Looking to upgrade my old Audio Alchemy Vac In The Box phono pre. What are your recommendations for budget replacement (new or used)? I am partial to the higher output MM cartridges. Thanks for any insite you might have.
spindrifter
I second the Seduction, but what is your budget and what cartridge will you be using?
I 'downgraded' from an Audio Research PH3 SE (nice, but a little sterile and lean for my tastes) to a much-less-expensive AES (Cary) PH-1 phono stage. Not as quiet as the Audio Research, but more lush, vivid and fleshed-out sounding in my opinion.

They don't turn up used that often, but are around $400 when they do. Fun tube rolling the 6SL7 & 12AU7 (and variants) tubes as well to get different 'flavors'. Only about 35db of gain though, but you'll be fine with your stated preference for higher output MMs (I'm using a step up with a MC, for what it's worth).

May not be what you have in mind, but it's another option. Let us know what you end up going with.
Seduction, it has a sweet sound. I have a Wright WPP200c and it has a very tube sound so if your amp is SS it may be an option. Its a bit too tubey for me except for classical where it rocks.

The Pro-Ject Tube Box/se/II may be an option but not with stock tubes. Its good but the Seduction is better no the best
Well, I hate to pile on ... but I just downright love my Seduction.

Even if you're not a DIY kind of person, it's worth every bit of the cost to have Bottlehead build it for you - around $670. If you're a DIY'er then you can buy the kit for $369 but I highly recommend the $75 C4S upgrade.

Awesome phono-stage.