What Step-up transformers are best value?

I have recently bought a VDH Black Beauty cartridge. It needs top-flight SUTs. I'm currently using Silks, which are very good. I have also tried the S&B TX103s (lent by a good friend), and they are noticeably better. Their price, however, is prohibitive (£1400). Anyone know of any serious bargains out there, which are up there with the Tx103s?
lutenist
Dear Lutenist: That VDH cartridge is very good one and IMHO to shows at its best it needs to be " surrounded " by the right/best analog audio links you can achieve/find.

IMHO that Croft you own to process the BB very low and critical cartridge signal made more " damage " that good to preserve the cartridge signal integrity.
Maybe could be better in favor to achieve a more real/true cartridge quality performance make a change of that item for a better unit that can honor and make justice to that top BB cartridge.

Add a SUT to that cartridge signal processor IMHO could be a big mistake. Of course that what I'm posting here depend of what are your targets on quality level perfomance level and if you want to herar the BB like a real/true BB or just simple hear it with a lesser lot lesser quality performance that what the BB can/could offer.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
I can vouch for Fidelity Research FRT-3G as excellent and very musical transformer for its price. Very versatile.
If you want a great value check out choiraudio dot com. They have a Cinemag based SUT for $349. It's in a nice enclosure with star grounding. Unless you build one yourself I have not seen a finished Cinemag based SUT at this price.

The usual disclaimers apply - I do not have any financial affiliation with Choir Audio.

another vote for Hagerman Piccolo, in the bargain category. Solves a lot of problems that SUT's have.