Record Cleaning

I just bought a Rega P7. Rega is not high on record cleaners and suggests you can get by without one. However, I feel I need something. Any suggestions for a “dry” brush cleaner for < $75? Audioquest, Hunt, Osage are a few possibilities.
rbschauman
I have exactly the same cleaning regimen and RCM as Learsfool and recommend it highly. Good luck, Dave
Rbschauman

Thanks for the information .... I also like the simplicity of set-up of rega tables ..... And they are excellent performers for the money ......... Enjoy your table ...

Chuck
Thanks so much for all the commentary. I'm going to investigate RCM’s, hopefully I'll see some on Agon - thanks for suggesting a few possibilities. I’ll also pursue a dry brush as added arsenal to support my efforts.

My LP collection is in pretty good shape, but through the years a click here and pop there have surfaced. I’m curious as to how effective RCM’s are at removing these blemishes? I suspect the success depends on the severity of the blemish, but I am wondering just how much of this can be cleaned away?

One other item: I’ve begun pursuing a major revamp of my collection by buying 180 or 200 gram LPs. They do sound pretty good but are rather pricey. Any one care to comment on these?

Thanks again all,
Randy
Steam, is the way to go. With a $30 unit from Walmart you are set to go. Yes, a brush, carbon fiber, is also needed.
Randy, I'm using a a basic Nitty Gritty 1.5 machine that requires you to turn the record by hand. It gets the job done though, no complaints. I agree that the ultimate in cleaning is steam cleaning, nothing compares to that method for addressing the worst of lps that need a deep cleaning. I'm a wee bit lazy though. I run a record through the Nitty Gritty first and then play it first before deciding to steam clean. Often, the wet vacuuming all it needs. If I like the lp and it needs further attention, then it gets the steam cleaning treatment. After cleaning, it goes in a new sleeve. Then, all it ever needs again is a good brushing. The degree of success you have removing tics and pops depends on their cause. If they are caused by abrasions and scratches, nothing helps other than selecting cartridges that minimize this type of noise. However, a surprising amount of groove noise, low level tics and such are removed by deep cleaning. I've bought many used records that are nearly mint but were previously owned by cat loving, cola swilling/spilling record owners. After vacuuming away the animal hair, dust, dander, and sticky fingerprints, most of them play like new again.