Which cartridge do you use with the vpi classic?

I just recieved the classic and it totally improved the sound of my analog setup. This is one of the best buys in audio, it only took me half an hour to setup, maybe an hour total from opening the box to playing, this is great for those who just want to listen to great vinyl without the fuss.
I am using a denon 103r with incredible results, the phono stage is a JLTI, an audio experience preamp and sim w-5 amp with merlin speakers, one would think this is a million dollar system.
I highly recommend the classic.
Now would like to improve in the cartridge department.
pedrillo
I've heard it with an AT OC9. Didn't hear any weaknesses. VPI Classic and the OC9 made a very good combination.
I started with a Classic 1, Phenomena II phono stage and Dynavector 20x2 cartridge. Great setup, but I wanted a little more lower frequencies. Upgraded the phono stage to a Avid Pulsus. Nice upgrade, lower frequencies and lower mid really came alive. I then went to the Classic 3. Noise floor dissapeared. First thing you notice is the BASS, more bass, tighter, then everything seems more musical, all frequencies. Sounds like you upgraded the cartridge, all the frequencies are effected. Also the highs seem less harsh. Recently I went to a XX2MKII and it really out shines the 20X2. Needs about 50 hours at least to break in. I am loading at 100 ohms and VTF at 1.87 grams. Azimuth adjusted to minimize crosstalk with a multi meter. I really like the XX2MKII. It just does everything better than the 20x2. Definitely worth the upgrade. On your classic 1 if you can swing it, and you want to go Dynavector, my vote goes for the XX2MKII.
This is a post from a another thread running asking for carty suggestions for the VPI JMW arm:

"The DV 20X2 is my backup carty. It's a nice carty, but my main carty is the Soundsmith VPI Zephyr. The Zephyr was jointly designed by Peter Ledermann and Harry Weisfeld. No surprise that it is extremely compatible with the Classic JMW wand. I think it sounds mutch better than the DV 20X2. I'm sure there are even better sounding carties out there, but the Zephyr is a low risk very good performer.

Stringreen is another VPI Classic owner who has said many times that the Benz LPS is a super performer: problem is that it's a $5K carty.

You might be able to pick up a preowned Zephyr on A'gon for $700. I did and it was a great buy. Brand new, the Zephyr costs $1K, unless you can find a dealer who discounts it.

Another nice fact about the Zephyr is that Peter Ledermann only charges $250 to retip it. Once retipped, it's as good as new.

Just another option. FWIW."
Amyone that sticks a $5k cartridge on a $2k deck with an average arm needs their head read or their ears cleaned out..