2nd tonearm on HRX

Hi all, I would like to add a second tonearm to my VPI HRX, can anybody give me some advice on how to do it?
Would a stand alone armpod be a good idea?
The table is on a Symposium Ultra platform, and the stand alone armpod would also sit on the same platform, somebody say the armboard should be connected to the plynth, but how can I do that?
Thank you all, and forgive my english.
Marco
128x128cptaz
Hi Downunder, the HRX plinth is a sanwich of acrylic-aluminium-acrylic, do you think it's possible to drill holes without damaging it?
More precisely, I would need to drill holes on the acrylic in order to bolt an armboard to the aluminium center layer, do you think that's doable?
Dear Marco: Looking in your virtual system I'm not sure even how you can accomodate a stand alone arm board in the rack/platform. About that the arm board has to be connected to the plynth maybe in theory but there are many such set up working just fine ( I have one of that set up running very good. )

Anyway and this is not what you are asking but maybe is time that you could think in a TT change where you can buy/have a " natural " TT that handle/mount several tonearms at the same time, there are some very good choices out there where I'm sure you don't have to " sacrifice " nothing on quality performance for what you have today ( VPI ).

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul, thanks for your reply, I read many of your posts, you are an inspiration. Yes I know I should probably change TT, one day I'll do it, but that day is not today, sigh. Long time ago I had an Acoustic Signature Analog 1 Mk2 that I sold, now I regret it, go figure...
Anyway, just wanted to find a way to add an extra tonearm, one with a detachable headshell to play with different carts, that will still be here when that day will come...but maybe you're right, I should give up...
Re "Paul, go for it."

Shane I was considering getting an arm with a detachable headshell and mounting the left corner of my TNT as per above.
Something like a Jelco would be pretty cheap and allow some flexibility with cartridge experimentation.
I still have the Graham 1.5T, which I suppose could be mounted - but a bit of a pain since it needs a SME slot to be cut and plinth thickness could be an issue with cable lead-out.
The other obvious option is to just get another Phantom armtube. That way I can take advantage of the superior Phantom sonics/adjustments - though each cartridge would need to be dialled in (AS, Az, VTF, VTA etc). Less messing around - and I could sell the 1.5T to fund the extra Phantom armtube.
Paul

I have an Ortofon AS-309-S on my Raven and it is very good. the detachable headshell is very handy indeed.

I believe Jelco OEM the ortofon tonearms.