Transfiguration:sonic balance/Axia shares Phoenix

Hello, Am getting ready to pursue another cartridge for my Bluenote/Encounter III combination.Former cart was the Allaerts Eco.Would the Transfiguration cartridges give me some or to the same degree of the non-mechanical traits that the former had?
I have read many positive reviews of the Phoenix.Does the Axia share these family traits and to what degree?
Please keep the discussion to the family of Transfiguration cartridges.
Thanks in advance to all those willing to venture their opinions.Tom
tpsonic
The one sold to me was a 5 year old cart.It failed about a year later (cantilever & coil-left).The rest is a long and painful story.Alas,I didn't want to spend 3K+ for an Eco.
Are the bodies worth anything?
I have heard the Transfiguration W, Phoenix and both the higher and lower output Orpheus, though none were directly compared in side-by-side trial. While I like all of the cartridges, I found the W to be on the "dark" side and less lively sounding than the others. The Phoenix was a quite a delight -- very lively and engaging. It may be less refined, poised and coherent than the Orpheus, but it is a really "fun" cartridge that does not get its nimble and lively sound by being thin in the upper bass/lower midrange (which also makes cartridges sound analytical and harmonically threadbare).

I am currently auditioning a low output Orpheus. It is taking quite a while to break in, but, it already sounds VERY good. There is quite a difference between the sound of the Orpheus and my now quite old Lyra Titan, the Titan sounding more explosively dynamic on very hard transients, but, I am not sure the harder impact is "natural." I like the slightly more elevated midrange and upper bass of the Orpheus (sound has more weight), but the upper extension of the Lyra is also quite appealing. In short, I like them both even though they are quite different. I think I'll keept both.

I have also heard the higher end Allaerte cartridges (not the Eco). These are very nice, warm, well composed sounding cartridges. In terms of basic tonal balance they are not far off from the Transfiguration line, so your consideration of the Transfiguration line makes sense.

After speaking with two different dealers,the impression is that the bass could use a little "goose-ing".
I had a very informative discussion with Steve Dobbins/Xact Audio.Our perception of cartridges seemed to coincide.After our discussion several cartridges met the demands:Myabi,Dyna XV-1,Ortofon (590??) and the Allnic Verito Z.I took the plunge on the Allnic.Should have it in-house in about two weeks.Will report back.I will compare this cartridge to my working Eco.
There is mention of a "new" importer for JA's products-One could only hope.
Tpsonic,

I think a lot of us will be interested in hearing about this cartridge. The company is new to the cartridge game, so not many have heard it (I haven't).
Larryi,
With only 4 dealers,I can see why.Hammertone Audio (importer) has an interesting site.Xact also.