Experiences on Tom Evans phono stage ?

I'm in the process of downsizing my analog rig as I'm moving to a smaller apartment.
I'm considering the Tom Evans phono stage based on the recommendations of the reviews.
Can anyone share their experiences on this ?
I'm looking to spend in the vicinity of $2,000 to $3,000 for a good one.
I'm flexible so it doesnt have to be Tom Evans if you guys say so.
I have an VPI scoutmaster with Shelter 5000 cartridge.
My current phono pre-amp is the ARC PH5 which was sold a few days ago.

Have a good one !!!
128x128mid40sguy
I did my research on phono amps. And I noticed lackluster feedback on audio discussion boards for TE phono amps. Mostly on UK based boards, which is where I go for vinyl related topic research.
I had the Groove for 3 years. It is a superb phonostage. It is extremely tranparent and has an immediacy that very few other phonostages can match (try to have the impedance set pretty low - nowhere near 10k. I had mine set around 300). I ultimately switched to the Manley Steelhead, which had a fuller sound, but nowhere near the immediacy. I hear the Groove Plus had a fuller sound. You should at least take a listen to one.
I changed from the Audio Research PH3SE to the Tom Evans Groove about 3 years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. They usually go for under $2000 used. It is slightly on the dark side in terms of air, but the wonderful silent jet black background allows all the small nuances in the music to come forth and be noticed - this along with effortless bass production made listening to my music much more enjoyable. Otherwise you can go for a Manley Steelhead version 1 if you have $3000 to spend. I have never listened to the Manley yet.
I think you should have a look at Modwright tube phono stage before you make your purchase. I have tested it against several phono stages like SAP, and Graham Slee, and I kept the Modwright.
Take a look at the ASR Mini Basis Exclusive. I just put one into my system and I am stunned!!

Bill