Dynavector XV1-S and step-up

Is there a step up that works particularly well with the Dynavector XV1-S cartridge. The arm is a Graham Phantom and the pre-amp is a Shindo Masetto. I have no complaints going straight in to the Masettos MC input, but thought there might be a suitable step up to try out.

Cheers and thanks
hatari
Hi Cincy_bob, here we go again...
It seems the perpetual misunderstanding when looking into SUTs, that the 'normal' recommended (experienced) best cart loading into a MC phono-pre (non-SUT) is incorrectly considered with SUTs i.e. 100 -150ohm as you suggest.
This is completely off the wall when using an SUT.

If you care to look-up e.g. Lyra's spec. sheets you will see what I mean. Their recommended values for SUT is about 1/10!
My experience, hands-on, tells me 6ohm x 2.5 = ~ 15ohm! is a good point to start and as I said, about a 1/10 of what you are suggesting.

Also, what Restock mentioned is much more where it's at, also when it comes to impedance matching.

Lewm, what you overlook is the voltage drop going through any SUT. It is not just 0.3 x factor 10 = 3mV and most certainly not when you decide to do some resistive loading to go from 470ohm to say ~ 15ohm.

I think the 1:20 suggestion of Restock looks like it, and then it be better to consider primary loading not to hog the secondary side with too big a resistor i.e. > 22k

My 2cents worth. There are some sites that explain the maths and I'm not going to do it again.

Greetings,
Lewm: yes, original post talked about the MC a little, so thought I'd framed it properly - looking to optimize, not reinvent. Question is whether it's optimized for the Dynavector, hence the discussion and desire to see whether an SUT into the MM (this pre has both) might be interesting. Thanks for your input. I have a few paths to explore based on this post and some constructive private thoughts.
Axel, I accept what you are saying about the differences in optimal input impedance when using an SUT as good technical background. I gather the manufacturer's specified 30 Ohm minimum loading is intended to apply to a normal MC gain stage and not an SUT and that optimal SUT loading may well be a value substantially lower than 30 Ohms.

There's no need to act so exasperated or put upon in communicating your technical advice. If it's that much bother, perhaps you should just return to listening to music and let the rest of us wallow in our ill-informed state.
Dear Hatari: IMHO you own a very good analog rig with that Raven/Phantom/XV-1s combination along your Sarastro IIs.

IMHO too, before to think in an external step-up that always makes a cartridge signal degradation and that ( with all respect ) does not make sense to me on your audio system maybe is time to think in a way better quality performance phono stage that can do justice to that top front end.

Through your Masseto there is no single opportunity that you can hear what the XV-1s can show when it is mated with a phono stage at the same quality level that the Dyna cartridge.

If I was you and if I want to improve the analog quality performance of that audio system my very first step will be to " disappear "/change that " poor " phono stage that IMHO is at very lower level than the rest of the other system links.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul, thanks (I think). Just for fun, what phono stages are at the higher level to allow me to improve my "poor" phono in the Masetto. I'm honestly dying to know, as I'm very impressed with this phono. Perhaps it's a typo but you say "IMHO too" - no one else on the forum has suggested similar... Let's say the bogey is $5k - what do you suggest?

Look forward to hearing your specific thoughts.

Regards