Raven Black Night

First sneak pic of the new reference turntable from TW Acustic.

I can't see any belt from the pic. The copper platter reminds me of some heavy weight Micro Seiki from bygone years.

http://www.i-fidelity.net/uploads/pics/ran.jpg
jaspert
OMG I have to clean myself up. Thank you for posting this info.

The table looks amazing, and we're not even seeing the outboard platter/motor. Being a Raven owner, there is something very tempting about hearing an all out version of the main TW Acustic design, even if it's way out of my price range, and way to heavy for me to keep moving, at least until I own an apt.
yesterday I had a look and listen to the new Raven. I was disappointed. At the shop there they had 3 Raven turn tables. The new Black night, AC and One.

The Black Night and AC were demonstrated using the Raven Acustic phono pre,
Lyra pre amp,
tri TRV-M300SE 300B mono block amps
Klips klipschorn speakers.

I spoke with several people and no one liked the speakers and neither did I. So they killed what could have been a great introduction of a good looking product.

The Raven One was hooked up to:
T+A V 10 integrated valve amp
Goldenote (used to be blue note) Pamphili phono pre
Isophon Vescova speakers with diamond tweeters

Now this sounded a lot better to my ears this set really made some music. It is always difficult to judge a set during a show. People were talking, laughing etc. But what I could hear made me smile. Now if only they wouldn't have down-firing port I much prefer a rear or even front port.

I even bought a new LP Countdown to extinction by megadeath a recording taken from the original master tape. Now lets hear if that €55 is well spend.
How soon? I'll be there in May but Jeff told me it wouldn't be there by then. It's out of my budget anyway but there was some indication that some features of the Black Night may eventually be available for the AC(custom feet, VTA adjustable armboards)but no idea when.
According to the (German) LP magazine (3/09) the platter
is 'all copper' and the price 29.000 Euro. The review
will be in the next edition. Sorry! (for the price that is).

Cheers