Dynavector DV 507 MKII

Can anyone confirm whether the Dynavector DV 507 MKII tonearm is manufactured in black as well as in silver.

I have heard claimed that this is the case. But I have never ssen it myself.

Can anyone help?
brian7500
Dear Fosse: Like all other Dynavector tonearms the 507 MK2 is a dynamic balance design but you can use it in static way using , like you say, the counterweight only. IMHO and over my experiences with those tonearms it performs better in a static way but like almost always that is system/ears dependent.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Audiofeil: Yes it is but any one can use it as main counterweight like in any static balance tonearm: you set to 0(cero ) the VTF dial and aply the VTF through the ( a,b,c ) sub-weight, that's all. IMHO works really fine, you can/could try it and " see " what happen by your self.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Thanks Raul,
I know how the arm works; I've had one here for some time now.

I suppose you could static balance the arm but in actuality it makes no difference in sonics; I've tried it both ways with a number of cartridges.

Besides, it's far easier to make small adjustments using it dynamically.

Dealer disclaimer
Dear Audiofeil: Yes, it is more easy ( dynamic balanced ) to make VTF changes because in static way we need a VTF gauge always.

Anyway it is " interesting " to 507MK2 owners to try both ways and choose about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.