What is your cartridge and tracking force used

Share your actual setup or numerous setup you liked.

Actual for me: Grado Reference Platinum with recommended 1.5g (from .75 to 2) tracking force. Im still trying to find the best one but im always coming back to 1.5.

Thanks
dobermann
I was just thinking.... the internal weight of the VPI arm probably also changes the effective mass slightly as you move that weight closer/farther from the headshell....woah is me....another variable!!
OK - I did it. As per Sonofjim's recommendation, I changed the VTF from 1.8 or 9 to 2.2 or 3. I made the adjustment with the large main counterweight, because I didn't want to affect the mass at the headshell. I readjusting the azimuth, and checked the VTF many, many times, kept the bit of damping in the pivot, and with no anti-skate, I found that the sound did change. The low bass especially, had gained definition, so that it started and stopped with greater speed. Unfortunately, the depth retreated slightly, and the highs were less sweet. Singers' SSSS's became more sandpaper. Just as an experiment to try to make this adjustment better, since I surely didn't want to set up the arm again, I raised the back end of the arm by 1 hashmark on the 10.5 scale...surely a minute amount. It was like someone had switched on a button. The soundstage exploded huge. The singer was not just singing between the speakers, but was 10 feet behind, and in 3 dimensions. The speakers did their disappearing act as before, but the picture is now huge in all dimensions..height, depth, and width. SSS's are much clearer, but once in a while a bit of sandpaper still comes through. I tried different VTA settings, but always came back to that magic spot because of the openness that this setting provides. Thanks Sonofjim..
After extensive listening. I recommend to use the Grado Platinum (reference serie) at 2g
MOST OF MY TRACKING FORCES ARE BETWEEN 1 AND 1.5 GRAMS FOR THE VARIOUS SHURE CARTRIDGES THAT I OWN. THE LIGHTEST FORCE IS DESIREABLE SO THAT THERE IS MINIMAL WEAR ON THE RECORD BUT TOO LIGHT A FORCE WILL CAUSE THE TONEARM TO MISTRACK - JUMP OFF THE RECORD OR SKIP AT VARIOUS PLACES ON THE RECORD. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE BY TRIAL AND ERROR. SOMETIMES A TONEARM WILL SKIP BECAUSE THE STYLUS IS WORN AND WON'T FIT INTO THE RECORD GROOVE. ALWAYS KEEP THE STYLUS NEEDLES IN GOOD CONDITION AND THEN THEY WILL TRACK PROPERLY. THE TURNTABLE SHOULD BE CAREFULLY LEVELED ALSO. THE BEST PLACE FOR A TURNTABLE IS ON A SHELF THAT SITS ON A CEMENT FLOOR. WOODEN FLOORS CAN VIBRATE FROM WALKING, JUMPING (KIDS) OR WHATEVER. IF YOU HAVE THE TURNTABE ON A TABLE OR RACK THAT IS ON A WOODEN FLOOR OVER A BASEMENT OR CRAWL SPACE, MORE CARE MUST GO INTO THIS ARRANGEMENT TO KEEP VIBRATION AT A MINIMUM.
Anyone in Ohio have a scale I could borrow real quick? I just set up my arm after a re-wire but cant find my cheap gravity scale........I will cover all expense and you all know me, cmon..........you guys all know me :)